Charge and PlaY?

QuickSkop3

Ok, I want my SNESp to be able to charge and play at the same time. Ive seen and devised some designs.

1:
LiPodiagramPNGwin.png

This one im not sure about, ive seen it, but dont get:

1, how to power it off

2. What the 7.2 AC adapter is for?

2: Ive made this one, and the only question is, what kind of switch is this?
ChargeandPlayDiagram-1.jpg

1. What kind of switch is this, with 4 ports, and that can connect 3 at 1 time?

2. Is this gonna work?

I am pretty sure that when the switch is flipped to charge, it wiil power your snes and charge the battery, but make sure you have a charger that can output some pretty good ampage.(but since the snes is a snes, you don't need to worry as long as it's at least 800ma)

Wont work, if you notice the switch it is either connected as:

SNES/battery, or Battry/charger port, right? Not bridging all the connections.

Not too difficult actually. All you need is a SPDT switch.

dvfpjb.jpg

Then just pick the charger that can power the snes and charge it at the same time.

Ok, so ive devised the Worst ever, but makes sense drawing of what I think the circuit you discribed is Bentomo.

Here it is.

COMPLEXBattreyPlaynchargeCircuit.jpg

IF you dont get it, fell free to ask me.

Thank you ben, something easy to follow, Beta gave me this, and had a Hemerage trying to explaine it.
http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=2dhe5ci&s=6

If your reading this Beta, sorry for all the anger I caused you.

Also, Ben, can the battryspace batteries Charge and Play at the same time.

Im getting this :
2 of these http://www.batteryspace.com/highpowerpolymerli-ioncell37v4700mah706285-8c1739wh37arate.aspx

the PCB that goes with it

This charger gonna be good for Playing N charging? I think HailRaizer said that it needed to have a Higher Amperage than the batteries, will it work?
http://www.batteryspace.com/smartcharger12afor74vli-ionpolymerrechargeablebatterypack--ullisted.aspx

Oh I'm sorry I gave you a bad one, with that way the system will never turn off. I'll fix it.

Fix'd

2q0sfus.jpg

You have to break the connection between the charger and system otherwise it will just use the charger as a bridge and keep the system on. I should have thought that through more.

No your diagram was actually helpful, if you hadn't taken the time to draw it out I wouldn't have noticed that and you wouldn't be able to turn your portable off. My fault actually.

Alright, well at least your helping me :p, so could I have the new Switch diagram?

Wait, how would it not be able to turn off, wouldnt it have SNES/battry/charger, then Battry/charger? Or does something happen when you link both the Charger+s?

bentomo said:
Oh I'm sorry I gave you a bad one, with that way the system will never turn off. I'll fix it.

Fix'd

2q0sfus.jpg

You have to break the connection between the charger and system otherwise it will just use the charger as a bridge and keep the system on. I should have thought that through more.

The diagram doesn't make sense, the charge jack isn't even connected to the charge jack on the bottom, therefore, your just looping wires, am i correct?

You see, if the charge jack was connected directly to the system and the battery at the same time the system electricity would go through the charger to the system from the battery. That would mean the console would stay on. This allows you to turn off your system and be able to charge.

Follow the blue line, see how the battery is connected to the system even in the off position?

5v7wn8.jpg

QuickSkop3 said:
bentomo said:

Fix'd

2q0sfus.jpg

The diagram doesn't make sense, the charge jack isn't even connected to the charge jack on the bottom, therefore, your just looping wires, am i correct?

IT isnt that that im worried about (ok but its fixed) its that in that picture, the top charger slot isnt connected to the charge port, so how the Heck is it supposed to connect, if it has no connection to it?

I was thinking this: why not have the charger port where it is in the pic? I didnt really think this throught, cause I need to go to bed in about 1 min, so i didnt remove the other charge ports on the switch, this way, I can charge it anytime I want.
COMPLEXBattreyPlaynchargeCircuit2.jpg

That still won't work, if you do that and still want to charge while it's off then you have to break the bottom charger away from the top of the switch.

It's not hard at all. Here's how, this should work perfectly and allow you to charge while the system is on or off using a DPDT switch.

345zgqo.jpg

If you've got the right PCB, this would work to charge and play, too.

2lwq2wj.jpg

pLover said:
If you've got the right PCB, this would work to charge and play, too.

2lwq2wj.jpg

*credit does not go to me*

You need a pcb designed for dvd players and the like, not a batteryspace to do this. And smart chargers also will not do this, that's why you need the right pcb.

Back