Can someone tell me what the Heck is wrong here???

GCGO

Video:

https://vimeo.com/81234358

As u can see in da video, Im powering the screen, but it only flashes black and white. I havent tampered with the board itself , only the wires. Has this happened to any one else? And how did you solve it? Please this is urgent.

Thanks in advance

Re: Can someone tell me what the Heck is wrong here???

Well it happend to me twice the first i just added a extra wire to GND and the seconed the video signal i was using was not the correct composit pin

Thanks for replying :lol:

I dont think its power, as i didnt actually tamper with it. But ill definitely try the other video input. ill get back to u if it works!

Make sure it's getting video, it tends to do that if it doesn't have video coming in the source.

I think I have video sorted. I just realised it was only getting 9V of power.Could this have something to do with it, or is this just another problem to add to the list :confused:

It should be able to run off 9v (and lower) just fine.

You should really open up the screen so you can test the continuity with your meter and be SURE that it really is getting video.

I actually did open it up and wire it. I was wondering would thicker wire make a difference for a video signal? The wire going to the screen is about .6mm wide. I can change it for 1.5mm wire.

ok, im getting extremely pissed with this. I have everything connected and it still wont godDang work. :cry: Its so stupid. This should have been an easy job.

Also, my battery just decided to stop working right, so now I need help with that too. Please, if any one knows a guide on how to wire the recharging port and a switch to a battery, send it to me. This is extremely urgent and I need the project done before January. All help is welcomed.

First the screen. I have it connected to the original AV Port, disconnected the Yellow and Black wires for video. I attached a potentiometer where the resistor was. These wires run to the thin, stripped wires of the screen, yellow and black. I have the power connected to the convertor. Please tell me where Im goin wrong :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Battery. I just have the recharge port in but it doesnt work. I just connected the positive and negative points on the battery (3x 3.7V, 2200mAh each in series) and thought I could connect to the positive and negative points of the port, then connect the switch to the ports positive and negative. But it doesnt work, and the battery doesnt recharge. BTW, i have these batteries

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B00F ... UTF8&psc=1

PLEASE HELP :cry: Im close to crying right now.

I can feel your pain. I have had similar situations. The screen, though, is stumping me. If you have the exact same setup but connected to a TV, and it works, then I just don't know what else to say. Wire thickness should not matter either as mine works fine with tiny, tiny IDE wire. Your screen must be defective. You will have to consider ordering a other one, and from a different seller.

As for batteries, you make it sound like you have no protection circuit. Do you? That is a very necessary component.

Uh, ya im fairly certain I have protection circuits on each of the batteries. I just dont know why the charge jack doesnt work. I just wired it as simple as possible. I highly doubt its THAT complicated. Do u have a diagram or something to help me out

Thanks so much for your help by the way. I really appreciate it. Ill look into new screens ASAP

I think the way you wire it would be based on the protection circuit you have. Can you upload a picture of what you've done so we can get an idea of what it looks like? I'm a little confused, and you're right that it shouldn't be too complicated.

http://s801.photobucket.com/user/letsdo ... sort=3&o=7

Sorry, couldnt upload to Modretro :confused: God, im not doin well with dis!!

Okay, heres the battery. The first two are of the battery itself, and how it is connected in series. Next is the recharge port and the switch. Im not sure why it doesnt work, but any help helps. :lol:

Really quick question as well. I have this old DVD player screen, which has AV input. I was just wondering would the best way to source the Power and Video signals be using a multimeter and testing connectivity? Or is there an easier way? BTW, thats it on the last few photos.

YAY DOUBLE POST!!!!

Just asking does anyone know of a good, cheap screen that will DEFINITELY work with a PAL Gamecube. Preferably from Amazon UK. Do they still sell screens that are 4::3:?? I would like to get a screen that is 4.3", no less. And please do not recommend the PS1 screen if you wouldnt mind. Its too dear, cause im lookin for something at about €20 - €30.

Thanks in advance :lol:

I can't say about your batteries. I'm unfamiliar with whatever circuit is soldered to them . I wish someone else would come here with answers, I can't be the only one who sees this. I don't know a whole lot about troubleshooting batteries.

It shouldn't depend on what 4.3 inch screen you use, as they should all be able to accept PAL signals. You can try this link: http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/aw/d/B009VV5 ... X110_SY165
It has high ratings and I have personally had the most success with folding screens. But keep in mind folding screens generally don't have a color/contrast etc. menu, and only sometimes do they have brightness control you can wire yourself internally.

Are you 100000000% sure this will work? Even if I just plug the video cable to it without tampering with anything. I dont want to get another useless screen that will drop me €20. I know I should trust you, but you know, just to be sure :lol: .

I think ill just rewire the battery as it was before and just add another switch. Thanks for your help though.

http://s801.photobucket.com/user/letsdo ... 4.jpg.html

Okay,I think I can use this screen. Its an old DVD player that I have. Sadly, I dont have any means to power it with a cable, so could someone show me which points are which. Im fairly certain I already know that the two points on the left are ground and the 3rd is positive. Could someone clarify this for me?
I also think the AV points are easy enough. The three front are positive ( Video Left and Right Audio), but again could someone clarify. I dont even know if this screen still works and I dont know any way to test it other than hooking it up

This is urgent. Please reply ASAP. Thanks

The left and middle points are definitely ground. I have no idea what the right one is because I can't see where it goes. That's all I can see from the picture... I don't know what DVD player that is so I can't be completely sure.

No one could be absolutely sure that the screen I posted would work because they often come with different circuit boards, even if you order the same screen more than once. But I am almost positive they're all pretty much able to accept a PAL or NTSC signal.

Ya.. Ok... I suppose ill just have to risk it. Thanks very much for your help :D :D :D

Just recieved my new screen...and it didnt work :neutral2: :neutral2:

But its okay cause when it arrived the fuse was blown, meaning it still might work, right?
My question is that I now have no fuse, so will I be able to hook it right up to a 12V power source, or be safe and get another identical fuse.
The fuse is F1AL 250V, but would I be able to use a regular 3amp. Im sure since I wont need to lower the voltage, I dont need the fuse, but would it be safer, even if the fuse isnt the same as the broken one? Or is it more dangerous (Grammar???)

Well, you won't have a fuse in your finished product (I assume), so there's not much use in keeping it for a long period of time, but for the time that you use a separate power supply that may or may not be stable and working, I suppose it's a good idea to have one. A 4.3 inch screen certainly shouldn't use more than 1 amp, especially at 12v, because that would be ridiculous. You should be fine with that fuse. And as long as the fuse you want to use passes power normally and it passes enough power, no, it can't cause damage.

Back