CamCube portable worklog -- NEED HELP --

CamLusted

I am new to making portables but have been meaning too and really wanted to, make a portable for a LOOONNNGGG time.
I have basic soldering skills. nothing more. but I do have a few things that I will need. I have got a:
•Multimeter
•Soldering Iron with solder (no flux or attachments other than stand)
•One intact GC, and one that has been given a minimal trim. (might trim more later but if it all goes wrong I at least have a backup)
•I bought an extra cooling fan (mainly because of LED'S) :tophat:
•50g of epoxy.
•Two official GC remotes, and one third party.
•Hot glue gun with a few refill bars
•Dremel type tool with loads of different attachments
•Pliers and assorted screw drivers
•one 7.4V 2500mA Li-ion battery with charger
•and a desoldering pump

and that's about it. I am ordering a ZN-45 case and this http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/4-3-Digital-T ... 197wt_1289 screen and a wiikey fusion.

I know I don't have enough battery wise but I am working on that and for wiring I am going to use a
couple ribbon cables.

Welcome amigo Im also new here! Ive made some picture today maybe theyll help you! Check for the MoyaKube worklog

Wow, Sounds like you have yourself sorted out. That battery you have will run the cube, with custom regulators,no screen for 1.5 hours tops. You should get some flux, it'll help out a lot.

That screen is the same as i use in my project.
But havn't sound integrated. You need and amp.
The battery pack made from yourself? Or bought in ebay?

I got the battery from my old pro line dvd player and what do i need to do amp wise? can I just buy one or do I need to make one
??? :eek:

moyakong said:
Welcome amigo Im also new here! Ive made some picture today maybe theyll help you! Check for the MoyaKube worklog

Looking good!! I would tin the wire first then solder to reduce the amount used -- I watched SS's youtube vid by the way :tophat:

You can't use 7.2v battery pack without make a custom regulator.
If you use the original regualator you need 14.8v or 12v

:eek: polycase want me to pay $74!! That is way too expensive for me but has anyone got any ideas on good cheap cases that are easy to get/find in the UK??

Okay then... I found a ribbon cable (salvaged from crappy old pc that runs at the speed of potato :mrgreen: )
My gc motherboard is REV A. is that the rev that is hard to install wiikey for? I think I may just wire one set of pins today and the rest later on. Anyway in a few days my ZN-45 should arrive and later one of the in car screens. :tophat:

CamLusted said:
Okay then... I found a ribbon cable (salvaged from crappy old pc that runs at the speed of potato :mrgreen: )
My gc motherboard is REV A. is that the rev that is hard to install wiikey for? I think I may just wire one set of pins today and the rest later on. Anyway in a few days my ZN-45 should arrive and later one of the in car screens. :tophat:

Revision A it's perfect for a wiikey fusion. All PAL gamecubes better than NTSC!!!

If you want to embed your pictures in your worklog, just rightclick it and choose "show picture" or something like that. Then you take the url and put it in between img brackets. ;)

tumblr_marlxyvshH1rgvy0qo1_500.jpg

tumblr_marldk3eYY1rgvy0qo1_1280.jpg

tumblr_marlrq0xNM1rgvy0qo1_1280.jpg

tumblr_marnknVozO1rgvy0qo1_500.jpg

sorry abot the focus but my phone is crap and broken

credit card didnt have enough money on it (needed to pay gym fees :< ) so im gonna put some money on it soon. until then I'll do my best to make it down the hardware store and buy some wires sorry... :tophat:

Cool! Do you plan on trimming it more or are you going to leave it like that?
What did you trim it with by the way?

I used my £16 rotary dremel tool type thing to trim it. I plan on trimming it some more depends if it will fit in the case or not.

Back