Buttcoins

laingsoft

Formerly SteamDNT
Just so you guys know, bitcoins hit $150 a piece a few days ago.

There is also a similar thing happening with ppcoins. Currently they are trading for ~0.009 bitcoins. Last night, I had bought some ppcoins for around 0.0028 BTC.

ppcoins are jumping super fast, It's likely that they will attain the level of bitcoins eventually. There is talk of mtgox and btc-e, the two largest bitcoin exchanges, taking up ppcoin.

I just really hate myself because I could have bought those little flaxs when they were $3 this past summer.

You can still get in on ppcoins. They are on an upwards trend, and they are only like 36 cents at the moment.

Why ppcoins? A ton more people use Litecoins, and it still has a lot of room to grow. PPcoins don't have any real use right now. Also, Litecoin is already confirmed to be coming to Mt.Gox, while ppcoin is not. There is currently no reason to believe ppcoin will reach $150 each, and saying so is 100% wishful thinking. We need to wait and see if ppcoin gains a nice niche and works from there, but as of right now the most attractive altcoin is clearly Litecoin.

Zero said:
Why ppcoins? A ton more people use Litecoins, and it still has a lot of room to grow. PPcoins don't have any real use right now. Also, Litecoin is already confirmed to be coming to Mt.Gox, while ppcoin is not. There is currently no reason to believe ppcoin will reach $150 each, and saying so is 100% wishful thinking. We need to wait and see if ppcoin gains a nice niche and works from there, but as of right now the most attractive altcoin is clearly Litecoin.
I disagree. Ppcoin has been showing a ton of activity lately.
q66coLN.jpg

There has been a ton of activity on some smaller currency exchanges. Like I said, BTC-e now supports ppcoin.
j9pQoHC.jpg

Not to mention, the price has been jumping (obviously) pretty awesomely in the past
WIXJrfI.jpg

The thing is, based on how the developer envisions ppcoins existing in the future, the coin will eventually discourage most miners, even with the ~$12000 ASIC's.

Perhaps ppcoins won't reach bitcoin like levels, but they will almost certainly increase in price over the next few months.

I'm not saying they won't raise in price or not to invest in them; I'm saying they don't currently serve any uses other than people buying them to invest or play the market. Litecoin is a Heck of a way off from bitcoin as well, but people are starting to take it in as a payment method, which is something pretty essential for a currency.

Yeah, True.

But the only real reason Bitcoin has taken off is because of silkroad+investors. There aren't many other uses, other than registering domain names and advertising, but those pale in comparison to the amount of trading that happens because of silkroad.

It was probably a big factor, yeah, but I'd say now Bitcoin is developed enough that it has a bunch of other uses. More and more places are starting to accept it as a legitimate payment method.

Oh god, it's going back to being a madman's investment. I feel another crash coming on... but this time only to like $50...

So why is it up this time? Last time the craze was because the news media discovered it and everyone and their friends decided to try it out. Is there a reason this time, or is it just a self sustaining bubble, since it's on an uptrend?

I know it's partly because people in Cyprus and Spain decided to hide their money from the government by investing in Bitcoins, but that was more so what caused it to go past $100. Since then there has been media attention and more people accepting it I guess. I keep wondering if it's going to pop, but then again, I've been wondering that since it was at $30 or so.

Edit: I know there was that anonymous stock trading site that got released recently, but I highly doubt that was the cause of all this.

Back down to $230 now. I kinda wish it would just stabilize already, at least for a bit.

samjc3 said:
I am seriously regretting selling my 3 bitcoins now.

Yeah, I really wish I would have known they would get this high.

Zero said:
Back down to $230 now. I kinda wish it would just stabilize already, at least for a bit.

samjc3 said:
I am seriously regretting selling my 3 bitcoins now.

Yeah, I really wish I would have known they would get this high.
-said every investor ever

Hovering at about $200 now. Could this be a sign? Sell now because the bubble is popping? Dunno. I still haven't mined enough for them to get delivered to my Mt. Gox account ;_;
$165 HOLY flax THE BUBBLE HAS BURST
On the rise again it seems.

Back