blue_stalfos's N64P work-log

for charging? no, you have to use a charger that is specialized for that battery. For wall power, yes you could use a ps power adapter, but you'd need to have it also outputting 3.3v.

I'm having some trouble getting my batteries to charge using the ps1 ports.
Here is how it's hooked up
Picture0020.jpg

top two wires go to P+ and P- on protection circuit
Bottom two go to the clamps from the smart charger.

They charge when I hook the clamps to P+ and P- but not when I use the ps1 ports
I'd appreciate any help. thanks

Here is another pic
Picture0021.jpg

The problem is pretty narrowed down then. Its the PS1 port. Use a multimeter on its wires. I bet the charge voltage isn't going through.

The PS1 ports were broken and I didn't have any others so I just wired this part of the charger directly onto the charge ports.

Picture0022-1.jpg

Now I just need my case.... :stare:

*Can'tSayThisOnTV*.

I have made 2 cases IDENTICAL to that. (My N64p and Heifino's)

I hope Noah7 knows what he's doing. The bottom part of the A/B buttons above the reset switch is Dang near IMPOSSIBLE to get 100% smooth.

It looks alright to me, but you can't really tell from just a picture.
Even if it isn't perfect, its only my first and was really just a big learning experience.

Also, did he check and see if a joystick can fit in there and clear the D-pad edge? Mine was a tad further apart and still was a little close.

Basement_Modder said:
Also, did he check and see if a joystick can fit in there and clear the D-pad edge? Mine was a tad further apart and still was a little close.
If it doesn't, he could take apart one of those upgraded analog sticks with the real pots in them and use that. They're pretty small on the inside.

A\B is about 95% smooth. You can see some imperfections in the light, but with a glossy coat of paint, you're going to see imperfections. Joystick and Dpad fit, I just made them close on my first portable and liked the feeling.

Back