Best 4.3" TFT LCD for GCP?

zeldaxpro

Hey everyone I have kinda been off the forums in regards to modding for awhile. Alot going on in my life right now, but I think I might start back up my GCP. I am thinking of using a 4.3 inch TFT LCD. Just wondering if anyone has used one or has a link thats a good one? Thank you. Once I get this rolling I am not gonna put it off again. So a worklog for this will be up within a few weeks.

Although it is not a 4.3" display per say, I would recommend a 4" Dalian Good TFT display. I am using one in my latest portable and the quality is top notch. It's native resolution is 320 x 240 in interlace or 640 x 480 in progressive making it a good screen to use whether you're going to use component video or you're going to use composite. It's also just about the only 4::3: ratio 4" tft display I could find.

I'm using component in my portable and the video quality is the best I've seen out of the Gamecube.

http://www.aliexpress.com/store/product ... 24611.html

RedmagnusX said:
Although it is not a 4.3" display per say, I would recommend a 4" Dalian Good TFT display. I am using one in my latest portable and the quality is top notch. It's native resolution is 320 x 240 in interlace or 640 x 480 in progressive making it a good screen to use whether you're going to use component video or you're going to use composite. It's also just about the only 4::3: ratio 4" tft display I could find.

I'm using component in my portable and the video quality is the best I've seen out of the Gamecube.

Thanks for link man I appreciate it. I am not using component for this portable. Just wondering how is the composite on this screen when you play games? how clear is the picture? blurry? In particular on zelda games? And do you know if it can run on 7.4v? thanks.

zeldaxpro said:
RedmagnusX said:

Thanks for link man I appreciate it. I am not using component for this portable. Just wondering how is the composite on this screen when you play games? how clear is the picture? blurry? In particular on zelda games? And do you know if it can run on 7.4v? thanks.

It runs very well at 7.4 volts and the picture is very clear even in composite mode. Wind Waker looks clear and colorful when played on this screen.

I took some pictures of mine for reference, but they don't really do the screen justice. These are taken while running in Composite off of 7.4 Volt Lithium Ion batteries. As you can see, even when running it in composite it still looks beautiful.

Hey man thanks for everything I really appreciate it and especially the pictures for the screen. Definitely gonna use this screen for my Portable.

zeldaxpro said:
Hey man thanks for everything I really appreciate it and especially the pictures for the screen. Definitely gonna use this screen for my Portable.

No problem man, I'm happy to help.

Back