Batteries!

Drzdude

Hello ladies and gentlemen,
I have begun working on a Gamecube Portable!
I have a few questions regarding choosing the right battery.
I bought this to use for the screen (http://dx.com/p/et-430-4-3-tft-lcd-digi ... v-dc-47973) and I am using a standard gamecube with either Wiikey or Wode.

Could anyone possibly point me in the right direction on choosing a Lithium Ion battery that would be small enough to run internally, have a decent battery life, and won't burn a hole in my pocket.

Thanks! :lol:
-Ryan

Does anyone read the reference section anymore? Or even a couple threads down I answered the same question...

EDIT: I mean the Mega Sticky, I am used to MBB...

Could you possibly link me to the reference section, or the thread you are talking about, instead of your sarcastic, rhetorical response? ;)

Think of the seemingly bleak support as pushing you into the deep end of the pool to learn to swim.
When I didn't find any help, it forced me to learn it on my own. And you have to understand how frequent a question like yours pops up & most people get tired of answering the same questions over and over.

I do believe in not constantly spoon-feeding, given how you can self teach much of this stuff especially if you consider yourself computer and internet competent.

=========================================================
But I can suggest you read all the stickies and their links.
Start with the general modding section, particularly the voltage subsection that is found there.

To figure out what capacity of batteries it takes to fulfill your running time requirements, you need to figure out the power draw of the circuit that will draw power from your battery. Zenloc (now LOCtronics) figured out the current draw for several voltages for the gamecube which is found on his custom regulator thread. Google/search this site for the thread

Estimated play time = (capacity) / (current draw)

capacity = mAH that is supplied by the battery manufacturer, or measure with multimeter
Current draw = the draw that corresponds to the voltage you use.

14.8V & 5000mAH usually gives around 2 hours

Somebody correct me if I'm wrong, I only compiled this information from my constant reading of several threads.

I don't see why we would have to link you to everything that is underneath your nose... I don't mind helping you with the limited knowledge that I have acquired by searching through all of the different guides and whatnot, but there is no reason you can't do a little looking yourself.

You seem to be missing the original question I was asking though.
I have read through the Mega Stickies MULTIPLE times.
I was trying to see if someone could point me in the direction of a specific battery, or battery company that I could look to buy from.
I couldn't seem to find that help anywhere.
Either way, I found help by PM'ing Ashen.
Thanks for the help,
-Ryan

the voltage mega sticky has a link that has links to some specific batteries and a site that you can peruse through.

translation:
hailrazers link that leads to a benheck thread links to some batteries from batteryspace.com

you might have overlooked it.

if you aren't from USA, you need to specify, update your profile to mention so. This site really relies on where you are from especially when you are the type that needs to ask where to buy things.

Back