are these leds even possible???

jelte1234

i found these leds: http://cgi.ebay.nl/10X-10mm-SUPER-H.../390060409886?pt=Bauteile&hash=item5ad169841e but is that even realistic?? I mean, is 140.000 mcd even possible? its like 10 times brighter than marios led mod screen! so.. should i get 30.000 mcd or 140.000mcd that might be just 14.000 mcd? same question for these 90.000 mcd: http://cgi.ebay.nl/NEU-10x-superhel.../370260610605?pt=Bauteile&hash=item5635408e2d

and should I get xenon white or warm white?

thanks, Jelte1234

The numbers are pretty much made up. As long as you go for "super bright" LEDs it should be fine. Warm white looks better for some things but cool white is better for LED modding and argubly better for flashlights.

Those look to be to 10mm LEDs. The 140,000 MCD mark is possible, but those LED's are WAY too big for an LED mod.

would it be possible by sanding them down really much? because for 10 times more brightness it wouldn't really be a problem to spend 1 hour sanding..

You can.

And, in fact, will get GREAT light distribution by leaving a nice opaque surface on the LEDs.
Something I've never seen someone do.
Because they all just follow Ben's guide, or a guide based off of it.
Nobody's come along and put any thought into it.
They just go step-by-step.

You can sand 'em down, just be careful, watch your thickness, don't wanna ruin' 'em ya know.
Make sure you don't do something stupid like ENCASE IT ALL IN HOTGLUE BEFORE YOU TEST 'EM.
Make sure it's all working first.

When you sand 'em, leave a good, opaque, but not "rough" surface.
It'll help distribute light more evenly, instead of simply "outward" like an LED is made to do.
Enjoy less noticeable bright-spots on your modded LCD.

jelte1234 says:
what if you would put in a potentiometer? would that make it regulatable? or is there a way to make the original buttons work?
[flag][delete]
Nov 17, 2010. 1:09 PM1up (author) says: (is mario)
The brightness buttons still work, because they adjust the brightness of the picture, not the backlight.

but someway if I do the brightness down the batterytime does go up.. so.. are the brightness buttons for the screen or the backlight? I thought they are for the backlight. and, does anyone know if it would be possible to wire to the high voltage with the led mod? (but then put them in series with appropriate resistor)?

Back