arcade machine experiences..... like dig-dug or mario bros.

after watching the new episode of Bones i got thinking about them and all thing you could do with them,
so i have like every question imagionable to do with them ::3:
im on about vintage ones here fom the like 80-90 if you get me not modern ones

how much on average are they to get ahold of? like old unknown games and well known games (like sonic or pacman)
are the screens LCD like a Pc screen or like the old style big 3D-ish screen from not that long ago like a Tv
easy or hard to modifdy a console into it? has anyone here done this or have a website where its been done?
dont you just love them :awesome:
any of you own one yourself ??

if i think of anymore questions ill add them on lol but its just a generic thread about them to be honest :tophat:

ahh, nice just a console conected to a tv in an enclosure with modified controllers built in the housing :)
could i please have a pic to see the underside of the controller? or button pannels?
im just EXTREMELY curious :dahroll:

oh, and the heck is a benheck lol, like a twin forum for this one? id join but ill stick with this one, is benheck like more popular that modretro?

HardcoreLewscher said:
ahh, nice just a console conected to a tv in an enclosure with modified controllers built in the housing :)
could i please have a pic to see the underside of the controller? or button pannels?
im just EXTREMELY curious :dahroll:

oh, and the heck is a benheck lol, like a twin forum for this one? id join but ill stick with this one, is benheck like more popular that modretro?

Yeah, I have to leave for work right now, but i will post pictures of the insides when I get home. And Benheck existed first, and this site sort of spawned from it. They are both good sites.... I prefer it here, but it's personal preference, I use both.

Benheck is where everyone goes when a new 360 laptop is released. Or whenever someone completes a great project, and it gets engadgeted, people find where it comes from. Like me, I found saw that picture a while back:
portable-gamecube.jpg

And I ended up finding this:
portablecube.jpg

Somewhere in the comments, it mentioned the benheck forums. I joined, stalked for about 6 months, and had some dead work logs. Then modretro came about because of some members who were unhappy with the moderation, and some other things.

That said, both forums are very similar, but there's a lot more playing around here. I prefer it here. With less people and less projects to look at, you get far more support on this forum. To get any help or responses on benheck, you have to already be very skilled or be very popular.

HardcoreLewscher said:
after watching the new episode of Bones i got thinking about them and all thing you could do with them,
so i have like every question imagionable to do with them ::3:
im on about vintage ones here fom the like 80-90 if you get me not modern ones

how much on average are they to get ahold of? like old unknown games and well known games (like sonic or pacman)
are the screens LCD like a Pc screen or like the old style big 3D-ish screen from not that long ago like a Tv
easy or hard to modifdy a console into it? has anyone here done this or have a website where its been done?
dont you just love them :awesome:
any of you own one yourself ??

if i think of anymore questions ill add them on lol but its just a generic thread about them to be honest :tophat:
You watch Bones too? that show is awesome! Your talking aboutmthe new episode with the made up game called ponkey pong! I too love arcade games! You should make one yourself!

are you thinking about making a computer emulate for a mame arcade type machine or are you wanting original hardware?

ive made a mame cabinet that plays things from nes to the psx era and a crapload of mame games

Your mame cabinet isn't impressive.

Oh, I picked up a Dig-Dug on eBay for $158.

Back