Anime discussion thread.

Antome said:
kodomo no jikan is loli deconstruction justice.

2011 ova is loli.
I couldn't even watch past the first episode. That anime was too much.

Also looolcaredo.
It seems like the MC would really give an arm and a leg to save a friend.

So I did not now K-ON! Had two seasons, and mistook K-ON!!(s2) for K-ON!(s1).

Basically the titles ruined the show in terms of plot, but luckily there isn't too much to it.

In some ways its kinda sad, but in other ways in watching season 1 now it makes the anticipation for events previously described more interesting.
Plus besides the final episode/movie of k-on!!(s2), the characters don't develop at all(and that's just to conclude the show). Its all just cute girls doing cute things.

Holy crap was the Christmas episode cute.

Kokoro Connect is some seriously awesome stuff. All the main characters bodies switch randomly for random lengths of time. Makes for some great humor, drama and psychological stuffs.

Likewise, this is the first anime where I had to go and memorize the characters names. Good luck putting names to faces :>

Antome said:
Kokoro Connect is some seriously awesome stuff. All the main characters bodies switch randomly for random lengths of time. Makes for some great humor, drama and psychological stuffs.

Likewise, this is the first anime where I had to go and memorize the characters names. Good luck putting names to faces :>
There's a lot of drama surrounding Kokoro Connect. I hope the sales plummeted after the bullying incident was revealed.

Granted that was a flaxty joke to pull, hating the show due to the work of one producer only puts all the other staffs hard work to the side, weighing the group effort against an individual situation. Furthermore do we really want to destroy a work out of sympathy for the victim who himself remained involved with it?

While we cant say whether the statement is true or not, and he himself was probably mortified, he did say that no bullying took place, and for either parties to react out of spite would only make things worse.

Internal drama aside, I really liked the show, it had a lot of aspects that I wanted to see more prevalent in a show, so there's that.

And on another note, I just finished Chuunibyou. 10/10 kyoani did it again.

Just caught up with Attack on Titan and The Devil is a Part Timer, both worth a watch.

Devil is a part timer is awesome. Henneko was surprisingly witty, if you can handle jc staff.

Been watching a bit recently. Watched through KissXSis, Angel Beats, Lucky Star, Aria the Scarlet Ammo, Guilty Crown, Strike Witches, Acchi Kocchi. Have started watching Eureka 7, Familiar of Zero, K-on s2, Heaven's Lost Property, Baccano!, Psycho Pass and Spice & Wolf. I'm also in the middle of Squid girl and Hayate No Gotoku.

And I've rewatched some Black Lagoon, Black Rock Shooter, and Cowboy Bebop.

And I also recently finished with Oreimo s2 and Haiyore! Nyaruko-San W.

I'm thinking Steins;Gate and family are somewhat high on my to consume list. And Gunsmith Cats. And Gunslinger Girl. And Jormungand. And about a thousand other things.

I recently watched FLCL and started Lucky Star. I'm nearly done with season 2 of K-ON and Squid Girl.

samjc3 said:
Been watching a bit recently. Watched through KissXSis, Angel Beats, Lucky Star, Aria the Scarlet Ammo, Guilty Crown, Strike Witches, Acchi Kocchi. Have started watching Eureka 7, Familiar of Zero, K-on s2, Heaven's Lost Property, Baccano!, Psycho Pass and Spice & Wolf. I'm also in the middle of Squid girl and Hayate No Gotoku.

And I've rewatched some Black Lagoon, Black Rock Shooter, and Cowboy Bebop.

And I also recently finished with Oreimo s2 and Haiyore! Nyaruko-San W.

I'm thinking Steins;Gate and family are somewhat high on my to consume list. And Gunsmith Cats. And Gunslinger Girl. And Jormungand. And about a thousand other things.
Spice and wolf 2?

And on the subject of shows which need another season, full metal panic was cool, and FMP fumoffu was amazing, and well just about every kyoani show to be honest(they do like 2 seasons on any given light novel and just drop it :neutral2: )

I am still relatively mad that I managed to watch K-ON!! and K-ON! movie before I knew about K-ON! (Why would you adopt that naming scheme? Why did the fansub not mention that they had not actually subbed s1, let alone mention that !! was s2?) Luckily there's no plot so it wasn't overly bad.

Also DK, you'd probably like toradora if you haven't watched already, it's one of JC staff's best shows (granted that's not saying much) And my favorite romantic comedy.

Speaking of romantic comedy's, My teenage Romantic Comedy SNAFU was surprisingly unique.

So how far into the series is Attack on Titan? Wanna start watching it, but I'm a big fan of marathoning anime so if it's near being finished I might just wait until the last episode comes out.

Joeyjoe9876 said:
So how far into the series is Attack on Titan? Wanna start watching it, but I'm a big fan of marathoning anime so if it's near being finished I might just wait until the last episode comes out.
Episode 19/25 airs on Saturday.

Back