AGB-101 Backlight Mod - Questions about the speaker

Be gentle, I just signed up to make this post. I plan on sharing all my other projects here in the future too.

I'm currently doing an AGB-101 backlight mod with the Brighter SP screen and I just have some questions about the speaker while I have it all open and waiting on my cable to arrive.

Are there known speakers which would give better quality sound than the stock one from the SP or GBA? I know as with some of my other electronics, that the sound quality is largely linked the voltage being supplied to the speaker itself. I do custom built lightsabers, and use the small black speakers you can get from radio shack which have decent quality and nice volume, and I'm thinking that those slightly larger speakers would fit nicely in the place of the AGB's stock speaker.

Here's the speaker for reference. I'm gonna do some mock-up to see if it will fit nice enough. It's just a small 8ohm speaker.

By all means if you guys think the stock speaker will do, I'll just leave it as is. I just don't know the ohm rating/voltage requirements.

Back