4.3" Screens

Status
Not open for further replies.

NeoXerO

Hey everyone!

So I was looking at buying a 4.3" screen (the car reverse ones) off of ebay, but there seems to be a lot of different ones to choose from. Would anyone recommend a specific screen or are they all the same in terms of image quality?

Thanks in advance.

bud said:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/NEW-4-3-Inch-LCD-TFT-Monitor-Car-Backup-camera-/180785986682?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item2a17af3c7a

I've used that one four times now. It's a great screen

Alright great! I'm assuming it takes around 8v, like the psone screen or any other 4.3" screen?

Thanks for the help

The image stretching isn't that bad. I take that back, it isn't even noticeable. Quit Segaing about a good thing betard :p

bud said:
The image stretching isn't that bad. I take that back, it isn't even noticeable. Quit Segaing about a good thing betard :p

No, Beta's right - it's absolutely awful. On a scale of 1-10, it's awful. Off the scale.

Its a matter of personal preference. Personally, the stretching doesnt bother me at all.

Opinions are like assholes, everyones got one.

It doesn't bother me in the least. On a small screen it is barely detectable.

Now throw it on a 19" screen or a 55". Yikes. On a 4.3" I've never shown it to anyone who even noticed it was stretched.

There's a lot more stuff to Sega about with most portables that people make. Like hot glue and duct tape. :lol:

hailrazer said:
There's a lot more stuff to Sega about with most portables that people make. Like hot glue and duct tape. :lol:

Or the fact that they are massive, generally not too attractive, and only exist to be sold?

hailrazer said:
Let he who has actually made and/or sold a portable cast the first stone. :lol:

If we dive into the definition of portable, this quote loses all of its meaning.

Untrue bibin. Portable means anything that can be easily moved from one place to another. As long as it has batteries and can be carried around, it's portable.

By your definition, laptops aren't portable.

No, you misunderstand. I've scarcely made any handheld game system luggables, but have battery powered other devices that previously did not take batteries and integrated screens and input devices, while not classifying or presenting it as a "portable" because it doesn't fit in with the other game-based monstrosities.

How about this:

Find a *Can'tSayThisOnTV*ing 4.3" screen with a 4::3: aspect ratio that provides similar quality, and similar usability at a similar price point, THEN Sega about widescreen.

Sound good?

Here are some numbers.

bxdU7.png

Basically, the 4.3" screen adds a negligible vertical size. All you add is distortion. Why do it?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back