3MZ's Custom N64 Controller WORKLOG

3MZ

So, I needed something to do over winter break, so I started this:
5281581361_8e811ef0ba_z.jpg

So basically, it's first party guts inside a modded Mad Catz controller.
I redid the layout to be kinda like a 360 controller.
I'm not sure if I'm gonna add a dpad or not, if you have a suggestion on where to put one then tell meh.

This isn't supposed to be " :awesome: " or ground breaking or anything, I just wanted something to do lol.
Eventually I want to make a n64 controller inside a 360 shell, but right now I don't have any spare 360 controllers :sweat:

If any one is interested in buying this, we can probably work something out, just send me a pm.

I love that controller.

I love that layout even more.

You may be able to fit a small dpad below the analog stick on the flank. A GC one should work.

budnespid said:
I love that controller.

I love that layout even more.

You may be able to fit a small dpad below the analog stick on the flank. A GC one should work.

Yeah, when I put one it it'll definitely by a gamecube one. I might put it south-east to the analog stick tho.

That may not be very functional. But if you're using it, it may as well be to your tastes.

Eh, I'm not even sure if I'm gonna put one in or not. Only a few games even use it so you know.

Just use a four way tact switch. Takes up hardly any room, and will still give you the function of a d-pad. Up to you on what you'd wanna do for a cover for it, though.

If there aren't any games that use a joystick AND a dpad, you could make the joystick removable/replaceable, and have a dpad module you could just put in.

Snipeye said:
If there aren't any games that use a joystick AND a dpad, you could make the joystick removable/replaceable, and have a dpad module you could just put in.

Yeah, but then I'd have to buy another controller :lol:

I think I might do what zeturi said about the tact switch. Or I might just put in a small dpad, from a gamecube or something.

Okay, so I guess I'm not gonna include a dpad this time around.

I re-mighty-puttied the back of the controller. Now all I need to do is sand it so it'll line up right with the other half of the controller. :dah:
5283100271_1f49fd2708_z.jpg

Okay so the stupid black things didn't line up right so I mighty-puttied them on and sanded it down so the would match up right.
5283492095_4034812f45_z.jpg

Also does anybody have the diagram for replacing the c buttons with a analog stick (not for this mod)

When ever people abbreviate Ben Heck "BH" it always makes me think Butt Hole. :dah:

But seriously, what's the best epoxy type stuff to fill gaps? I've been using Mighty Putty, but I think that there might be other stuff.

Ya I saw that and asked about it:
They said "ya the c-stick mod works on all controllers, it's the joystick mod doesn't work on first party without a special mod"
And I say "Oh Great!"
Then I made it and it didn't work :(

- mymixed

Back