3MZ's 1st N64p Worklog

3MZ

This is my design for my first N64p (I made it in Adobe Photoshop CS4)
4746608918_2f2bb0663f_z.jpg

This is just a "sketch" the final product probably won't look anything like this (It'll probably look 10 times worse :rolleyes: )

And don't say I should use a smaller case (even tho it would make it cooler) I'm not trying to make the world's smallest N64P, I'm just trying to make something that works.

Also on the design where it says "power switch" it's really supposed to say: switch between wall power and batteries ;) )

What I Have:

N64 Board
N64 Controller
Case (N64 Case)
Soldering Iron
Solder
Hot Glue

What I Need:

Screen - What is the best screen for the money (Like around 20 bucks) for a N64 Portable?
Batteries
Bondo/Epoxy
Portablizing Skills

If I am missing any thing that I need please reply :dah:

Re: 3MZ's 1st N64p (no official name yet)

Nice. Are you taking SS's 10th (er, maybe 11th?) N64 as your inspiration? Also, you could use the reset button for start.

Re: 3MZ's 1st N64p (no official name yet)

You could say that. Really my goal is to make it still usable as a home console (able to plug into tv, use external controllers, run off wall power, etc.) and I figured that would be easiest to do if I kept in the original case (It would also make it a bit cheaper to make :) )

Re: 3MZ's 1st N64p (no official name yet) Worklog

That diagram got awesome fast. What did you draw it in?

Screen wise, find a Zenith screen on eBay.

Someone posted a thread a couple days ago about $26 psone screens on ebay. Go find it.

snowpenguin said:
Someone posted a thread a couple days ago about $26 psone screens on ebay. Go find it.

Thanks, but I checked and, it's $35 now :cry4:

$35 seems to be the best you're going to find for a 5", with the exception of the occasional lucky strike. There's those 3" that run $12 that everyone seems to like ok.

If your portable is going to be in the N64 case, it should have a 5"

Yeah the problem is I just spent all my cash on a new phone... so I'm broke :sweat:

Well if you have a job you could wait for your next paycheck. Or you could post in the junkyard and either try to sell something you have or trade with someone.

They're $35 OR BEST OFFER people. And the guy who posted the thread said he got one for $26.

ToastBucket said:
Well if you have a job you could wait for your next paycheck. Or you could post in the junkyard and either try to sell something you have or trade with someone.

I have no job, I'm still in school (well not for the summer :cool: ) so you know :sweat:

Back