Watsugs first Wii handheld

watsug

I built this in febuary, it's a basic wii handheld. Design inspired by ShockSlayers first Gamecube Portable :)
I searched long for a nice case for a wii portable, but found none. Then I realized the wii case is the right size and all, and remembered SS first GCp with controller flanks.
Features:
Softmodded Wii
Wiikey Fusion, no DD
No wiimote needed to launch games
All original ports and buttons
Switch to turn off screen + built in p1
Built in sensor bar
Controller flanks, analog triggers
Stereo sound
Volume control and 3,5mm switching stereo jack
7" screen

The Wiikey SD card goes where a disc normally is inserted

From left: Power, reset, P1-P4, headphone jack, volume pot, USB for wii games, P1 and screen off switch

Here are some build pics and full Photobucket album

Honestly, not bad. Looks like something I would make... Function over form and all that. 9/10, would bang play.

This is actually not far off from something I'm going to be attempting! Glad to see someone else has already done it. How does it feel in your hands, weight and size wise? Also, batteries or none?

Yes, my primary objective was to build something that worked, didn't want to risk any hassle so no trimming and such.

It feels nice, like a regular controller but a little weird as it's further apart. The system itself isn't that heavy, you can always rest it on your lap.

It uses Priiloader to autoboot to Neogamma, from which I choose launch DVD, it takes it to the Wiikey menu. Neogamma can also launch wii games from a WBFS usb stick. I actually wrote a guide for it a while ago but noone seemed to care at the time :p viewtopic.php?f=36&t=12255

Back