Nobble64 Mark 2 Worklog: On hold

nobble

Here's my second attempt at making my n64 portable. I ripped it out of it case (sadly destroying the case and cart slot) and will be putting it in a WA-25 from polycase. I am going to paint it red this time.

Tonight I rewired a new cart slot and bondo'ed it in place.

037b2933.jpg

Well That's all for now.

Re: Nobble64 Mark 2 Worklog

Why did you flip it around to the bottom of the board?

This going to be pretty nicely sized. What screen are you planning on using?

EDIT: Holy crap those cases are expensive! :eek:

βeta said:
Why did you flip it around to the bottom of the board?

I'm using an external cart slot case.

zeturi said:
This going to be pretty nicely sized. What screen are you planning on using?

EDIT: Holy crap those cases are expensive! :eek:

Free samples FTW!

Also zenith.

Ah. That's right, samples. What's the name of your business? :p

I dont want things to be too packed in there. and where would I mount the slot hole if I did it internal?

Have the cart come into the top. Seriously the n64 section including the cart can be thinner than an inch. If you move the cart to the other side, so that the wires from the slot are closest to the expansion pak, and move it up to the correct position, you could fit 6600/maybe even 8800 mAh lipos between the slot and the expansion pak and still have a whole inch of thickness to fit in your screen and controls.

Not sure what you are trying to say. Do you mean like how hail does his?

Wouldn't it be bad for the batteries to rest on the heat sinks?

Yes. The heat can be very very bad for lipos. However, the case if large enough so that your batteries probably won't even touch the motherboard.

zeturi said:
Yes. The heat can be very very bad for lipos. However, the case if large enough so that your batteries probably won't even touch the motherboard.

Well I just might think about doing this then. I will be getting another n64 for free soon so I can use that.

It's not THAT hot zeturi, lol.

Lipos make heat of their own, too, so it's not like they're not built to withstand temps around 100 degrees.

I believe that SS messed up a set of li-pos when having them right up against the heat sinks. I may be thinking of one of his gamecubes, though. Meh, still better safe than sorry.

Nonetheless, nobble, if you do an external cartslot in such a thick case, I will kill you.

Back