NINTENDO 64 mini

Status
Not open for further replies.
Some retard said:
Q: My friend really wants this mini and he is OK with the asking price! He wants to know if you would accept a money order?
A: Sorry I only accept PayPal, have your friend sign up on eBay!

Also, how in the holy mother of *Can'tSayThisOnTV* is shipping $43?

If you're charging that much for a dumb mod in the first place, why would you be even more greedy/impatient to not accept a money order?

Okay, so everyone gang up on ebay and give him bad ratings, so uneducated people won't waste 800 dollars.

Majora said:
Okay, so everyone gang up on ebay and give him bad ratings, so uneducated people won't waste 800 dollars.
No. I agree that he is asking far too much, but the simple fact that it will not sell is gonna be his punishment for that. And if he does sell it for that price, good for him. If someone out there is dumb enough to buy this for $800, then they deserve to get ripped like that. Besides, don't you need to have a transaction with somebody to leave feedback on ebay?

Majora said:
But hes a total dick for doing that.
How? It's not like he's charging $100 for a bottle of water after a disaster. He's no more a dick than Apple or Ferrari (maybe not Ferrari, I don't know what their margins are like). If someone thinks its a fair price, they'll pay it. Ever hear the saying "a fool and his money are soon parted"?

I just read the rest of the description of this, and it doesn't even include an expansion pack. I lol'd at how ridiculous that is.

Sorry for not introducing myself before posting here, but I found this thread after seeing the youtube video and thought I'd chime in with my thoughts.

The simple solution to the problem is, if you can't justify the price, don't buy it. We're not talking cancer medication or some necessity, we're talking about a modded n64 for crying out loud.

I also realize people are also entitled to their opinions, but I'm seeing the same people posting over and over about how this is ridiculous, I think once is enough to voice your opinion, if it hasn't driven down the price, repeating yourself probably won't help.

I respect the creators right to charge whatever cost he wants and I think everyone here should as well. You can't force him to do anything and neither should you be able to. If he wants to sell it bad enough he'll lower the price until someone bites, but I have a feeling he wants to keep it for a bit considering the 700+ price tag.

What I would like to see though is some sort of tutorial or documentation on how SlipStreamGT pulled this mod off. It doesn't seem that complicated but then again I haven't done it.

Artyom said:
Sorry for not introducing myself before posting here, but I found this thread after seeing the youtube video and thought I'd chime in with my thoughts.

The simple solution to the problem is, if you can't justify the price, don't buy it. We're not talking cancer medication or some necessity, we're talking about a modded n64 for crying out loud.

I also realize people are also entitled to their opinions, but I'm seeing the same people posting over and over about how this is ridiculous, I think once is enough to voice your opinion, if it hasn't driven down the price, repeating yourself probably won't help.

I respect the creators right to charge whatever cost he wants and I think everyone here should as well. You can't force him to do anything and neither should you be able to. If he wants to sell it bad enough he'll lower the price until someone bites, but I have a feeling he wants to keep it for a bit considering the 700+ price tag.

What I would like to see though is some sort of tutorial or documentation on how SlipStreamGT pulled this mod off. It doesn't seem that complicated but then again I haven't done it.
Ah lovely. A well spoken individual. Nicely put. As for how he did it, it's pretty much the same process you go through to make a portable, but without controls, batteries and a screen. Most of the n64 is empty space anyway. If you're interested, check out the n64 megasticky.

AbyssPWNS said:
If you're charging that much for a dumb mod in the first place, why would you be even more greedy/impatient to not accept a money order?

lol what have you modded lately sarcasm or you mouth?
So you think a toaster 64 is a smarter mod? since mine is dumb? then by all means go buy a toaster 64 on ebay for $399,
you are not required to buy my mod whatsoever, and fyi I can start my price at whatever I like then lower it bit by bit
till I get a reasonable offer.. Not that I sell you anything lol.

samjc3 said:
Majora said:
No. I agree that he is asking far too much, but the simple fact that it will not sell is gonna be his punishment for that. And if he does sell it for that price, good for him. If someone out there is dumb enough to buy this for $800, then they deserve to get ripped like that. Besides, don't you need to have a transaction with somebody to leave feedback on ebay?

Whats with all the hate seriously? I can start my price at whatever, lower it bit by bit and see what offers I get. But you may all like big clunky Toaster N64's for $399? lol

Artyom said:

Well spoken, considering all the other posts not related to this topic these low blow haters left, who can't seem to do anything else but blabber. in complaint like toddlers about my eBay listing. lol. seriously whats with all the hate? lmao.. but yeah well spoken indeed.. to each his own.. live and let live!

1. The edit button and the copy function is your friend.
2. Your listing still makes you a dick, even if you technically still can do it.
3. When did Abyss/Majora mention a toaster?
4. Why hate? Hmm, IDK, because maybe YOU ARE CHARGING AN ABSURD PRICE FOR A MODDED N64????
5. Quit being an asshole. We all know it got you banned from a related site multiple times...
6. This is completely on-topic.

Artyom said:

I respect the creators right to charge whatever cost he wants and I think everyone here should as well.

There's no rule on this forum that doesn't allow people to say "holy flax you're asking for a lot of money", that's way too much, and let's be honest, it's right, this isn't a portable. There is no way in the world that the labour & parts of this mod are anywhere even nearly worth close to $600, considering there is absolutely no work log I do wonder how much time was actually spent on this mod.

SlipStreamGT said:
Well spoken, considering all the other posts not related to this topic these low blow haters left, who can't seem to do anything else but blabber. in complaint like toddlers about my eBay listing. lol....My business is none of your concern pussy cat. So no need to start calling names out like that dick!

Reporting posts and then delivering insults to the people you reported? Classy, that's a quick way to get yourself booted off the forum.

Well it has gone from $850 to less than $600.

At this rate it might hit $250 and actually be a good buy :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back