- INTERESTING UPDATES (4-4-10)- My Tower of Power. 56k gtfo

ShockSlayer

Probably SS
Or, 2fort. :awesome:

Palmer bought my 95% finished GCp so I could pay for it. Once again, Palmer shows us all how :awesomepalmer: he is.

CONSTRUCTION BEGINS. We removed the roof and put in a floor with a hatch(forgot to take pics) and then put the first wall supports up.
IMG_1119.jpg

Floor with hatch.
IMG_1126.jpg

2 wall supports up. And my dad is in thar
IMG_1131.jpg

Roof and side supports.
IMG_1134.jpg

Fixed up my door with GORILLA TAPEZ.
IMG_1136.jpg

Puttin some walls up.
IMG_1138.jpg

Shingled roof FTW
IMG_1147.jpg

THERE'S NO CARPET OR ELECTRICITY IN HERE YET OMG
IMG_1142.jpg

Done.
IMG_1151.jpg

SS

Re: My Tower of Power. 56k gtfo

Awesome shack.

still have that nazi symbol on the side I see

ShockSlayer said:

YES! :D

That looks awesome! How long did it take to build? Also, if you haven't already done so, you should consider creating some windows: cut out a square from the wall, attach a hinge on one side of it and a latch on the other. Repeat as desired. Open them whenever you need extra light or some fresh air, close 'em up when you're done.

You look strange without the hat and sunglasses.

Paint it green, get rid of the graffiti, and put some Zelda-esque artwork on it. Maybe a Triforce or that thingy on your sword. Also, is it 2-storey?

Twilight Wolf said:
ShockSlayer said:

YES! :D

That looks awesome! How long did it take to build? Also, if you haven't already done so, you should consider creating some windows: cut out a square from the wall, attach a hinge on one side of it and a latch on the other. Repeat as desired. Open them whenever you need extra light or some fresh air, close 'em up when you're done.
Yeah, don't let those soldering fumes get to ya'.

But if he doesn't add windows, at least he can fap in secret to his secret Palmer shoops.

@bentomo: My dad brought up painting the whole thing today. Probably the same color as my house, which is like a tan yellow.

@Twilight Wolf: It took about 3 days, but there is no electricity or carpet or windows, so I still have a bit of work to do.

@XCVG: It is 2 stories, yes.

@J.D: There are two vents in the sides of the top floor, and I will probably add one back to the first floor. I have a few secret palmer shoops, but they are only fappable if you fap to palmer in the first place. And I don't, so yeah.

So yeah.

SS

Ya, was about to say, pretty that Sega up. Wish it had heating though, lol, and ac.

Build in some killer shelves upstairs, and turn it into the best workshop ever.
Also, make the entrance to the second floor hidden.

:eek: just when i wanted to go on.. nice lookin fort you got there, parents already kicking you out of the house? :lol:

Oh god, please frame that properly. The first thing I thought was, "SS is going to die in a windstorm" when I saw this. I'd put a couple more studs (no gay jokes) in the walls, finish out the rafter with horizontal members and rat runs, and double plate the headers if there are any pieces of lumber butted up to each other. Also how sturdy is the lower level? How was it constructed?

Otherwise, I do have to say, it looks pretty sick.

Blah blah blah, it's fine.
The footprint is so small that you barely need any structure at all. The only thing I could see possibly happening is that a huge wind could push the whole thing over. It would have to be like 130MPH though.

snowpenguin said:
Ya, was about to say, pretty that Sega up. Wish it had heating though, lol, and ac.

It does. I removed the A/C unit from the wall during construction, and I have a couple of ceramic heaters in the garage that I can use. I just have to buy some insulation from my local home depot/lowes. The A/C unit will be moved up a floor, as it's original positioning is in the way of my ladder, while the heaters will remain down on the first floor.

βeta said:
Build in some killer shelves upstairs, and turn it into the best workshop ever.
Also, make the entrance to the second floor hidden.

There is leftover wood, so I will be build some shelves, definitely. The upper floor will probably have a bed, a TV, a computer, and some other cool stuff, just so I can have a place to hangout(mainly after getting tired from non-stop hours of N64p making), and store some stuff. The bottom floor will be used for working, primarily. I will be building a horseshoe-esqe shelf that will pretty much take up all the space, so all around me I will have a table to work on, and a swivel chair in the middle.

The entrance to the second floor is pretty much hidden, save for the fact that there will be a ladder build into the wall so I can climb up, unless I opt for steps or something.

neverused said:
Oh god, please frame that properly. The first thing I thought was, "SS is going to die in a windstorm" when I saw this. I'd put a couple more studs (no gay jokes) in the walls, finish out the rafter with horizontal members and rat runs, and double plate the headers if there are any pieces of lumber butted up to each other. Also how sturdy is the lower level? How was it constructed?

Otherwise, I do have to say, it looks pretty sick.

Yeah, I'll be getting some more wood to secure a couple things, but all the walls are those grooved interlocked type plywood stuffs, and the 2x4's are all places at the seams. The rafters are covered now(I'll get pics tomorrow, when there is sun), and there are vents in them.

The lower level is as solid as a rock, it has survived many a hurricane. On the sides there are 2 4x4 swingset frame thingies, IMO they make a good base. Also, should a windstorm come, there is a huge tree like, right next to it, so a couple of those straps that my dad has and it'll be fine. I think those straps can hold upto, like, 2 tons, so that's cool. We don't get really strong winds during hurricane season down here in SC, just a *Can'tSayThisOnTV*ton of rain. :p

SS

it's not a heavy building, the plywood alone can bear the weight of the roof under stress.

I look forward to next summer when you invite me to live in this thing for a week. :p

...or I could build mah own. :(

Wouldn't it make more sense to have the computer/bed/etc on the first floor, and the workshop above? As sturdy as it may or may not be, I wouldn't want to be sleeping up on the second floor.

I bet your neighbors just love you.

Also, hope you don't have any Jewish population in your hood. :awesome:

But meh, after you paint it, you'll be fine. Looks good!

Back