I'm entering the race: SonyQrios µGC Worklog

I had the same exact problem, even though it had worked before and every connection had been secured, I checked every connection and pin 5 had like 800 Ohm, guess the connection was nearly loose. Find the problem, rewire, and when it works, use a whole lot of liquid epoxy to secure

Just to document this,

I was having a problem whith my WiiKey Fusion, was working just sometimes.
I solved it connecting the middle pin to GND too. Figured out that there's a time space between the "clicks" and it results in a kind of double click in a few miliseconds.
Works like a charm :D

Well, I got my WiiKey working. It turns out a wire had popped off. Soldered that sucker back on, and low and IGNORE I still had GameCube Linux. :o

So, I plan on finishing this portable by tomorrow. (If I get super lucky.) Can anyone point out the irony of that date? :awesome:

God! I'm sooo close! I have my faceplate wired to the body of my case! I could practically close this thing up!

However, my 3.3v regulator decided to be dumb again and only output .8 volts when I put power to it. Not only is it scary, but what the heck?!?! I tested it one moment and it worked just dandy, then less than 5 minutes later it stops working completely! I didn't even touch the regulator! :wtf:

I'm so close to having this done. I can't screw this up now. The stress is killing me!

SonyQrio said:
God! I'm sooo ! I have my to the body of my case! I could practically close this thing up!

However, my 3.3v decided to be dumb again and only output .8 volts when I put power to it. Not only is it scary, but what the heck?!?! I tested it one moment and it worked just dandy, then less than 5 minutes later it stops working completely! I didn't even touch the regulator! :wtf:

I'm so close to having this done. I can't screw this up now. The stress is killing me!

i had a problem like this all i did was change my output cap and walading 3.3 agian

Another quick little update. I'm almost done with this thing!

Also, huge thanks to our old pal ShockSlayer for making the video for me!

hRyu4.png

Why does the video say it is the smallest of them all.

Isn't Ashens 2nd Gamecube portable in the slightly modified Psp case the smallest ?

It says "built to be the smallest of them all." Ashen and I will have to do measurements. But, I'm guessing that Ashen's is most likely smaller.

SonyQrio said:
It says "built to be the smallest of them all." Ashen and I will have to do measurements. But, I'm guessing that Ashen's is most likely smaller.

that just sounds like a whole lotta wordplay, like how 33% of my shampoo is meant to be free.

Very good worklog and project Sony!!!!!!

Finish them when you like. Not all of us have 100.000 hours free at day.

My best wishes to your project. And when you can, post some pics for us :rolleyes:

I know you probably won't do what I say since you've been bragging about it being the smallest since the very beggining, but please, when doing you final video (when you close this up) do your measurements FIRST before calling it the smallest portable in the world.
As it isn't likely to be smaller than ashen's, and it's not portable.
(granted the difference between handheld and portable isn't clear to me either)

[Edit] : forgot to compliment you on this, because this is awesome work. And also, take your time, rushing doesn't do much. (but I feel like you know that already)

Back