Handheld Game Console based in Android Mini PC

Hi everyone!

As the subject says, I have a Mini Android PC (Rikomagic MK802IIIS) and I really want to make a Portable Gaming Console with it! It has 2 USB ports, 1 energy port (that is actually another USB port, but just for power source) and a SD Card port. I'll use a case with the size of a classic gameboy case, or maybe the original gameboy case. I'll install linux on it and the Emulation Station (at least I'll try :p).

But there are some problems...

First of all, I don't know how can I connect a little LCD Screen to it, because the video output is HDMI. Of course I need to connect a speaker too.

There are another problem: I don't know how can I make the buttons. I'm thinking in buy a snes controller and hack it, as a tutorial from Adafruit teaches.

Here are some pics:

dba253852ea41d40039e92861cbfb927.jpg

23486408c18ff0157f0b4be3d8f358e3.jpg

What do you guys think about it? Is it possible?

You'll need a display that will take HDMI, and you can pull analog audio from HDMI IIRC. Alternatively, you could grab and HDMI to composite converter.

Linux installed! I've followed a tutorial from the Rikomagic Forum to install it. It's the PicUntu version.
Next step is install the Emulation Station, or something similar.

Here's a video of the boot (sorry for the background noise, my little sister were playing in the room :p).

Back