Custom Gamecube Regulator!! Wiikey Fusion/WODE compatible!!!

Re: Custom Gamecube Regulator!! Wiikey Fusion/WODE compatibl

I wouldn't worry so much about the 3ohm resistor, it wont make much of a difference without it, 900ohms should be good enough.

How come on Texas Instruments I can't choose the quantity of the sample regulator's? They only show up as 0 quantity. And when I choose other free samples it is at automatically at 1?

master801 said:
How come on Texas Instruments I can't choose the quantity of the sample regulator's? They only show up as 0 quantity. And when I choose other free samples it is at automatically at 1?
Having the same problem....

Most likely means they're out of stock on that option. I've heard they're out of stock until june, anyone else able to confirm?

Hey, what kind of resistors do I have to use in order to use the PTR08060 for the 1.7 line, and also for PTH08000 for the 3.3 line. I don't understand the numbers after the word "Ohm".

Hey guys, first post here, used to be active on benheck a long time ago. I started gathering supplies for building a GCp and noticed the same thing with TI showing stock but no free samples for the regulators. My assumption is that they stopped sending free samples of those pieces for now, possibly because of the amount of requests they probably received from tinkerers like ourselves. They probably would send samples out if one were to call, but since I have no real business relation with them I'm not going to bother.

In any case, I found that mouser and digikey both charge ~$17 for the 8100 and ~$11 for the 8080. I checked Arrow Electronics last night, but I have never ordered from them before. Their prices are much more reasonable if you can't get a free sample from TI. ~$11 for the 8100 and ~$6 for the 8080. Hopefully this helps someone on here who doesn't want to shell out ~$50 to order from digikey. And a thanks to all of you who have really taken this hobby to the next level with all of these advances and findings. This information is incredible!

I just started a new account at TI so I haven't reached any limits and like a few have mentioned, when requesting a sample, quantity 0 is shown even though it says in stock.

Hmm, that's strange. I just added a sample to my cart to make sure and quantity is shown as one. Where do you live? Maybe if you're outside the US you can't get samples anymore? Or maybe new accounts can't get samples right away or have to purchase something first?

Fill this out and put don't put anything in the first box.

Then wait and ALWAYS check your email. It should come in about 2 days or so.
Hope I helped! :mrgreen:

master801 said:
Fill this out and put don't put anything in the first box.

Then wait and ALWAYS check your email. It should come in about 2 days or so.
Hope I helped! :mrgreen:

Thanks for the heads up master! I actually did end up filling the contact form out after fierce said that he still shows quantity. Told them I'd like samples but quantity shows as 0. Keeping my fingers crossed. Will be good for a second portable in the future since I already purchased from Arrow, but no big deal, only $22.

Lol you're in incognito.

Sorry to beat a dead horse, but I got a response and they shipped out the regulators to me :o So if you see the 0 qty, just use the contact us form. I'll probably return the Arrow purchased regulators and get my money back.

gizmo255 said:
Sorry to beat a dead , but I got a response and they shipped out the to me :o So if you see the 0 qty, just use the contact us form. I'll probably return the Arrow purchased regulators and get my money back.

Lol, happy to help!

Does anyone know why I am getting a different resistance from A to B then B to A with resistors wired in series?

Bought a 1k8 resistor for the 3.3v rail.
+
Had these sitting around
2 x 36ohm
1 x 22ohm

In series I get a reading of 1871 ohms - Perfect.
But when i switch red and black leads it reads 1460ohms...!

Whats going on? The other resistors all read the same both ways, so does the 5v rail (a 220 + 130) When I take the resistor back off the breadboard, it's the same both ways...?!

Back