Gamecubes audio is weird

Seref

Hi!
I'm right now building my portable gamecube, and I already soldered the component cable to the device, but I kinda noticed that If I turn my Gamecube on (it uses some custom regulators with 1.9v,3.3v and 5v ( for the 12v line, the audio amp, the rumble function and the screen ) the sound is pieeping I dunno how to describe it, if im in the bios or the original gamecube menu (not swiss) I hear next to the background music some weird noises, as if the amp is giving too much voltage on the speaker, I also directly connected my headphones to the audio out of the gc and there I heard the same noise.
D: What should I do?
(I also tested different wires and shielded wires with no success)

PS: my current 5v audio amp is the PAM8403 Mini Power Amplifier Board

Seref said:
Hi!
I'm right now building my portable gamecube, and I already soldered the component cable to the device, but I kinda noticed that If I turn my Gamecube on (it uses some custom regulators with 1.9v,3.3v and 5v ( for the 12v line, the audio amp, the rumble function and the screen ) the sound is pieeping I dunno how to describe it, if im in the bios or the original gamecube menu (not swiss) I hear next to the background music some weird noises, as if the amp is giving too much voltage on the speaker, I also directly connected my headphones to the audio out of the gc and there I heard the same noise.
D: What should I do?
(I also tested different wires and shielded wires with no success)

PS: my current 5v audio amp is the PAM8403 Mini Power Amplifier Board

Well... Not sure why you're using an audio amp AND the onboard audio amp... And just because the audio line can take down to 5v doesn't mean it will function properly (which is what's going wrong on yours) I'd say since you already have the external amp just stop using the internal amp and you should be all good

Well I dunno hownro skip the gamecube audio, my audio is just giving me some interfierence like I didnt do amything bad, there was no short circuit

Sent from my D6603 using Tapatalk

Re:

Seref said:
Well I dunno hownro skip the gamecube audio, my audio is just giving me some interfierence like I didnt do amything bad, there was no short circuit

Sent from my D6603 using Tapatalk

If you look at Ashen's trimming guide look at the audio relocation points and solder your wires there for left and right audio, then just remove the 5v from the audio line and you shouldn't have any issues

Back