[Body-Mod] Super-Jelly #1 [ Jelly, And The Power Within ]

Re: [Body-Mod] Super-Jelly #1 [ Jelly, And The Power Within

This is epic. What happens when your nails grow back out though?

Pretty easy really, manicurists use fancy rotary tools (think, 15,000 RPM $800 Dremel) for all kinds of stuff.
All I'll need, when the magnets get close to the end, is for the acrylic around the magnets to be ground down, to the nail, and then soak the fingernail in acetone (or something along those lines) to get the magnet to pop off.
From there, just resurface the nail and re-apply the magnet.

I am totally going to shamelessly copy you on this. Seriously.

It's stupidly entertaining.

In restaurants, I spin spoons on my fingertips.

Any new developments? I somehow missed this thread, but I have always been fascinated by the implants, and maybe this would help me stop biting my nails, too.

Had 'em re-done yesterday.

All's quite well.
I'm so much less aware of them now, but it's become habit to runs my fingertips along rails, doors, and other magnetic things.
While the feeling power-cords thing was cool, it wasn't very strong, I haven't much been able to feel it any more strongly.
To feel it in my fingertips, it's gotta be something big. My dryer's power cord worked, my 1500W microwave's did not.
Through the backs of my finger, the nail, such fields were very strong, being able to feel just about any reasonably large appliance. My computer's power cord works.
But it's much less "cool" than feeling through the fingertip.

I've developed a slight aversion to large magnets.
I LOVE magnets, I have tons. I did this, didn't I?
But with these in my nails... Oh, oh just no.
Anything fairly big was just awful.
Trying to hold a reasonably big magnet just felt so weird, in a bad way, and it was difficult to hold.
Very large magnets, I could put my hand near. It was a frightening, awful feeling. No pain, just bad.

I still only have the two fingers, I haven't decided on the replacements yet, so until I do, it'll just be these two.

Oh cool. I should look in this subforum more often. I did this a few years back. It was just superglue for me. Glued to the tip of my middle finger on my right hand. Did it for a month, give or take. Kept having to redo the glue. When I finally stopped, it took a while for the skin in that spot to go back to normal. For the longest time it had a weird texture (lack of air exposure I assume, perhaps trapped moisture as well). I seriously considered doing the actual "surgery" because it was so cool. But at the time, they hadn't perfected the coating or whatever that protects you from the magnets. Another reason, is that I have always done a lot of stuff with computers and was worried I was going to screw up a hard drive. Also, LCD monitors weren't as prevalent, and I was around CRTs constantly (both monitors and TVs), and I had to be careful not to put my hand too close. In the end it was too much of a hassle. But I still to this day really like the idea.

For what it's worth, I remember reading that the woman that wrote the original article ended up having to get surgery to remove the magnet fragments. I think she got an infection or something.

bump to satiate curiosity

Totally thinking of doing this. Thinking some 1/8" diameter by 1/16" thick discs from UN would work great. They are n45, so they should be plenty powerful. They sell the same thing in a 1/4" diameter too, so if those are too small its not an issue. And If I buy em does anyone want some? They come in a pack of 50, or 25 on the bigger ones.

Also, I cant help but wonder, would using gold plated magnets fix the issues the original guy had with em messing with his body?

Sam, I would totally take a few of those magnets. I want to try this so bad.

Sam should also totally send a few SS's way if he gets the chance. ::3:

SS

Alright, I'll place an order tonight then. Pm your address if you want some. And which size, and quantity.

samjc3 said:
Alright, I'll place an order tonight then. Pm your address if you want some. And which size, and quantity.
Get me any if they're free ::3:

You think this is a charity or something, Mako? :stare:

Magnets arriving today or tomorrow, drilling holes tonight (drilling isnt quite accurate, but whatever)

Just got my magnets from samjc3(I LOVE YOU) today.

Glued one of the bigger ones on.

Spun a spoon on my fingertip. Squee'd.

SS

I wouldn't mind, but what would be the point, really? As in, what's there to show other than a magnet glued to a fingernail?

SS

Back