Recent content by xy007

1. X

xy007's first GCP

Super late update. So before I went back to college I spent the last 4 days before I left trying to semi- finish this build. This is what I had done, (have only had 1 day to work on it since then, been super busy with college). (I will add more pics and details at the end of the semester.)...
  2. X

WASP/Swiss Issue

You check continuity with a multimeter, see how well the connection is. I had a week joint connection on my ground and it had caused problems.
  3. X

WASP/Swiss Issue

From watching your video it looks like you didn't solder the two big mount holes (see image below). Those mounts are what the megadrive v5 uses to connect to ground. I am 72% sure that is your problem. I had a very similar issue that would do exactly what yours did. It took me 7 hours to figure...
  4. X

Some general questions.

Ok so today I tried out the fans again with the set up im going with and I think they should be fine hopefully. I ran the two fans off of a wall power supply and they seem to work better when together. The two fans have a rating of 3 CFM which I would think would combine to make around ~6 CFM...
  5. X

Some general questions.

Ok so I have some general questions on some stuff I have been putting off on my GCP build. 1. How much heat paste do I need to put between the heat sink and the ICs? The gc seemed to have a lot on when I first took it apart. 2. How much air flow is needed over the original gamecube heat sink...
  6. X

xy007's first GCP

Update 8/10/2015 Got the controller all wired back together: The wire mess: I did the wiring in layers: Layer 1: Layer 2: Layer 3 & 4: The triggers on the bottom side of the case connect with a makeshift connector on the left analog stick prototype board: Today I mainly worked on...
  7. X

Swiss: Stuck at init WKF

Edit: yes in my opinion, I think that sd card reader issue is what is causing your problem. -Before I had read you reply: Is it a wiikey or wasp? On my wasp I initially tried using it without the sd card reader and it had caused my wasp to not initiate. Once I had plugged it back up it then...
  8. X

Possible problem with controller when tested?

Edit: oops I forgot to ground all the buttons to the controller, every thing was just floating. :lolscroll: Still wondering about that test program... I have wired my dpad and start button to my official gc controller IC and went to test it and ran into some problems. I am 90% sure that it...
  9. X

Need tips for soldering to IC chip or alternitive.

Holy crap why have I never used flux before!!!!!!!!!! Ok thanks for tips, I ended up doing what Bush said and that seems to be the best way for me. I tested out what I have so far but there seems to be some issues that are related to floating connections. So far:
  10. X

Swiss: Stuck at init WKF

How did you wire the device? megadrive? strait connection? I might have had the same problem you described.
  11. X

Ok I got that solder in today, does the solder I just ordered contain flux already or will I have to apply flux every time I use that size? And also when soldering to the IC do you recommend I just add tin to the wire and fuse it to the IC pins? or should I also add a small amount of solder to...
  12. X

Crimson Cube v3 (For Commission)

How did you do your abxy buttons? Did you physically glue the buttons to tact switches, are they free floating? Did you even use tact switches?
  13. X

My first attempt at a GCp WIP

Your ZN45 case is looking pretty smooth, If I was redoing my portable I would of mounted the controller components differently to save space in my zn40 case. Also have you figured out how you are going to do the triggers yet?
  14. X

Is this solder equivalent? It has a 1 day shipping option. http://www.amazon.com/Ya-Xun-finest-qua ... lder+prime
  15. X

Ok so its time for me to solder the triggers/abxy and analog sticks back to a cut board of a gamecube contoller and I need some tips for soldering to the main IC. Ok so first I was going to solder to the vias vs the IC but I could not get the solder to join with the via's copper. So I tried...
Back