WTS: Fusion Micro(s)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ashen

GameCube Révolutionary
Here's the skinny:

I've thought about what I want to do with these two units for a while now, the plan originally was to fix various small issues with both and sell them for a decent profit. But, I've decided now that I just want to get on with things and really don't want to put anymore time/effort into them. So, I've decided to put them up for sale to the modding community at large for reasonable prices if anyone wants them and wants to put a little love into them.

Please note before I get into describing the specific small issues each unit has:

Both of these units are 100% fully functioning GameCube portables and in pretty much the EXACT same condition as when I showcased them.

That being said, if you can live with the issues each unit has as I describe below you could have yourself a Dang cheap GC portable. If not, with a little TLC each could be fixed up to 100% perfection.

So yea, here's the list of flaws and my asking price for each unit as is:

Fusion Micro Rev. 1: SOLD!
Screen flickers occasionally, as in like once every 20 minutes. Totally negligible IMO.
PSP analogs don't give full range + Crawling effect. (effects only a small amount of games) If you wanted to fix this you could install these:
http://ca.mouser.com/ProductDetail/CTS- ... b36QDsY%3d or some 3DS nubs if you can make them fit somehow.
Volume is not very loud. May be fixable with a better audio amp.
Pot for volume control is jammed against main analog stick inside, so doesn't adjust easily.
+ button for screen control is finicky, needs to be pressed hard/multiple times for it to work. Other screen control buttons work fine.
Not really a flaw, but the L/R buttons pot/tact press actuate at the same time, if you wanted full compatibility you'd have to fix it so one presses before the other.

Asking: $200.00 usd + Shipping

Fusion Micro Rev. 2: SOLD!
Screen flickers quite a bit, as in like once every 2-5 minutes. May need a screen replacement if it bothers you.
PSP analogs don't give full range + Crawling effect. (effects only a small amount of games) If you wanted to fix this you could install these:
http://ca.mouser.com/ProductDetail/CTS- ... b36QDsY%3d or some 3DS nubs if you can make them fit somehow.
Face buttons on the PSP for screen control don't work at all. They worked before I mounted everything in the front of the case then stopped when I did. Go figure, dunno why.

Asking: $250.00 usd + Shipping

Prices aren't really negotiable, as I'm pretty much letting them go for just the cost of the parts I used. Each unit comes with only that, the unit itself and 100% as is with no return policy or support beyond me helping if you have a question about how I wired something or such. Please note that both units are full of Epoxy and Superglue, so fixing stuff may take some careful patience, but is 100% possible.

Please respond in THIS THREAD if you're interested. We can work in PM's after interest is stated.

My God, I want this. I have the money too, I just... am trying to buy a house... Must... Maintain... Priorities... Why do you tempt me so? I'll probably shoot you a PM if you still have em in a week.

I'm interested in the Rev 1, btw. I'm not going to get in a bidding war, though. If you want it, and will buy it now, say something. I'll survive.

thelukestir said:
why the Heck are you letting these go for so cheap?!?!

Did you read the first post?

1. I don't feel like messing with them anymore, and just want to get back the $$ I put into them.

2. It would be incredibly wrong of me to sell these for any significant amount because of the issues I listed above, however small they may be they are still very real flaws/issues nonetheless. Someone with at least a little bit of modding skill would need to be purchasing them if they wanted to fix the things to 100% perfection. If I told people any less than that I'd be scamming them, which just isn't cool.

Ashen said:
thelukestir said:
why the Heck are you letting these go for so cheap?!?!

Did you read the first post?

1. I don't feel like messing with them anymore, and just want to get back the $$ I put into them.

2. It would be incredibly wrong of me to sell these for any significant amount because of the issues I listed above, however small they may be they are still very real flaws/issues nonetheless. Someone with at least a little bit of modding skill would need to be purchasing them if they wanted to fix the things to 100% perfection. If I told people any less than that I'd be scamming them, which just isn't cool.
I get it, but these things are so Dang sexy it still feels like you're getting scammed for just getting payed for parts. The issues aren't that huge imo. But I can understand your position.

Ashen said:
I've decided now that I just want to get on with things and really don't want to put anymore time/effort into them. So, I've decided to put them up for sale to the modding community at large for reasonable prices if anyone wants them and wants to put a little love into them.

Dibs on the first oneif it is still available. I'm posting from my phone so I'll do some research about tweaking some minor issues later tonight when I get home but I'm about 97% sure I want this.

Tapatalk mobile post wooooooo

Rev 1 is still currently available. First person to show me the money can have it.

Rev 2 is Sold.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back