WTB: misc console controllers, and controller ports

Basically I am looking for the controller ports and some controllers from the following consoles for a retro controller to USB project I am doing, and some future FPGA stuff too:

(ports) = I have controllers, and only need the ports
(both) = I need controllers, and ports

- NES (ports)
- SNES (both)
- N64 (both)
- Gamecube (ports)
- Sega Genesis/Mega Drive (ports)
- Master System (both)
- Sega Saturn (ports)
- Sega Dreamcast (both)
- PS1/2 (both)
- or anything else more exotic (both)

Notes:

I am in the UK so please remember that for international shipping prices.

I am aware of the various adapters that already exist. The point of the project is for me to learn about the USB protocol, and the USB stack in Atmel micro-controllers/ARM cortex. Doing things the hard way helps me learn :) . Also I don't want to hack the controllers to have a usb cable directly because I would like them to remain original and playable on my original consoles. I plan to release the code once the project is finished. I thought here would be a good place to get them as most portables don't have external controller ports built in, so people must have some spare.

Payment will be via paypal only, and will be swift once a price is agreed.

I have one unit that has a controller port for NES, SNES, N64, and Genesis, and the controller output for GCN. Interested? I'll sell it to you for $35 shipped (Because of UK prices).

I might have a GCN controller board you could have, its still got all the ports. Make me an offer on it and I'll go though the piles of junk it's buried in.

Thank you both for replies, I have a feeling the cheapest option for me is to just buy some broken units of ebay, even though I will have to pay for shipping of the whole console (as opposed to a small part). I also hate the thought of destroying something that could be repaired :(. Unless there is someone in the UK who can help me out, that is my cheapest option.

pLover said:
I have one unit that has a controller port for NES, SNES, N64, and Genesis, and the controller output for GCN. Interested? I'll sell it to you for $35 shipped (Because of UK prices).
Unfortunately I can get those exact units cheaper from ebay, so I will have to decline. Thanks though.

superben51 said:
I might have a GCN controller board you could have, its still got all the ports. Make me an offer on it and I'll go though the piles of junk it's buried in.
Again, I think that shipping from Canada, plus the price for it, will be more expensive than buying a broken GCN from ebay. Thanks though.

Back