WTB: Gamecube Component Cable

dmcnelly

Basically looking for a CGN Component Cable for a someone decent price. Not looking to do any mods, just need something to hook up to the HDTV for optimal picture quality.

Ebay wants $100, Amazon wants $100+, it's kinda obnoxious. Just looking if someone has one they'd be willing to part with for a reasonable price, not a 200% markup on a used part. Not sure that'll happen, but it's worth a shot.

I was looking at those, but the GC doesn't output the Component signal via the normal video port, so I'd only get composite video. :(

I'll probably wind up getting an S-Video cable instead, if I can't find the Component cable for less than the cost of a new transmission.

how bout you open it up, and add your own ports for component, then just get component to component cables :)

dsv101 said:
how bout you open it up, and add your own ports for component, then just get component to component cables :)

If I could, I totally would, however, as vskid3 said, there's a decoder chip inside that won't allow me to do that without having the cable in the first place. :X (I could try and snag a D Terminal cable for the chip, but looking on eBay there, it's even MORE uncommon. Grrr.)

I spent a week a good 6 or 7 hours digging over the course of a week one time.

I ended up finding a component cable at an online store for 45 bucks

I still have the precious and I'm saving her for my underground gamecube project.

So yeah, be patient, look around online, dig dig dig!!! Its worth it.

I think lyberty5 (pretty sure that's the correct username) mentioned knowing a site you could get them for $35, albeit in France, but I think it had free shipping. You may try sending him a PM.

Back