WTB: 3DS Joystick

PRXVII

Does anyone have a spare 3DS Joystick they can sell me for cheap? One of the two that I got from DX is defective, the X axis has very little range.

Yesterday I hooked up one of the two joysticks to the controller as the main joystick. I played NFSU2 and it was working fine, I was able to navigate through the menus and the game play was also fine I could make turns with no problem. Then I connected the second joystick to the controller as the C-stick. I tested it on the GC's main menu where the C-stick can be used to navigate though the menus. Up, down, and right all worked. Left wasn't registering. So I switched the joysticks. The first joystick worked fine as the C-stick but the second continued with problems. I tested it with Crash Nitro Kart and when I would turn, the car only turned very very slightly to either side which made playing the game impossible. This is why I think the second joystick is defective.

But today I hooked up the joysticks to an Arduino and I'm getting a range of about 100-600 for each axis on both joysticks which is inconsistent with yesterdays result. I thought the range of the X-axis on the second one would be significantly smaller but it's the same.

All is well , today I connected them to the controller again and it's working fine now. I'm not sure what happened when I first tried it, maybe there was a bad connection somewhere.
Thread can be closed/deleted.

Back