would anybody like to relocate the cart slot on my fc twin?

themadhacker

Crazy Train
It's come to the point that I've needed to relocate the snes slot. I spent several hours on it tonight, and all I get on a few games is the nintendo logo and most won 't even boot. I hate doing this part, so if anybody credible enough would like to have a go at it, I'll pay you for the relocation.

Re: would anybody like to relocate the cart slot on my fc tw

I can do it for you, I won't charge too much for it.

If you don't want to ship to canadurr, I'd do if for you, bill.

Sounds good, Bud. I don't know what's wrong with the thing. I've rewired it twice, but no game boots except mario kart, and it stops at the nintendo logo and never gets further.

I've never had an fc twin, but I'll give it a shot.

sweet. I'm going to solder the slot back to the board to see if it works or not because I don't want to pay to have somebody relocate a cartridge slot that has more serious problems.

It appears to be a hardware problem as opposed to bad connections. I'm going to do some more testing.

Personally I'd press on the chips to see if there were any bad connections, reflow the av and power ports. And all of that other basic troubleshooting stuff.

now that I think about it more, i'm thinking that some of the pins on the cart slot aren't making a good connection, because now zelda is working, but nothing else. The slot doesn't have much of a grip on the games, so that's probably it.

Back