Worst injury from DIYing?

epicelite

Frequent Poster
What is the worst injury you have gotten from soldering or doing some other DIY activity?

I just cut my pointing finger up pretty bad with a exacto blade. :neutral2:
There was blood EVERYWHERE! :gonk:

I burned the Heck out of my right index finger while grabbing the wrong end up my soldering iron. The spot I burned no longer has a fingerprint.

I've suffered only mild burns at the most while soldering, and those felt better within an hour or so.

Seriously, I can't think of anything worse...

cut my finger.

swug my hand around the room

I have blood on my floor, wall and ceiling, because it splattered out like *Can'tSayThisOnTV*ing crazy.

SS

ShockSlayer said:
cut my finger.

swug my hand around the room

I have blood on my floor, wall and ceiling, because it splattered out like *Can'tSayThisOnTV*ing crazy.

SS

Hardcore. :o

When building my Radica I had hot glued two boards together. Decided I needed to cut them apart with a utility knife. Slipped and cut my left thumb to the bone. Half of it was barely hanging on.

8 stitches and lots of hyperventilating later I was fine. Oh with several pain killers a day for 2 weeks. LOL

I accidentally stabbed my thumb with an xacto knife once, it almost went all the way through.
EDIT: Wow, that's nothing compared to your injury, hailrazer. :p

Accidentally superglued my thumb and finger together, that was fun.

Once I was blowing on some hot glue to cool it off and got way too close, and accidentally glued my upper lip to an NES board. :rofl:

And of course, the standard soldering iron and hot glue gun burns.

Mario said:
Accidentally superglued my thumb and finger together, that was fun.

Once I was blowing on some hot glue to cool it off and got way too close, and accidentally glued my upper lip to an NES board. :rofl:

You win mario for the lolest epic fail. :rofl:

All I've got was some minor burns from soldering iron and hot glue gun.

Only cuts and occasional burns.

On a completely unrelated note, I thought this thread's title was "Worst injury from Dying?" before I clicked it :hit:

Worst? Stabbed myself in that fleshy area between the thumb and index finger with a utility knife. Still have a scar.

Worst for pain? Probably hot glue burn, high temp gun, just under the thumbnail. That HURT.

well, mostly standard soldering iron burns and stuff like that. but, the two major ones i can think of are:
-i discharged a CRT capacitor bank into my hand. that was crazy.
-i ended up with my entire left hand coated in highly flammable jelly, and a spark was introduced. that hurt like *Can'tSayThisOnTV*. amazingly, my hand didnt suffer any major scarring or anything. phew.

epicelite said:
Wow how did you get flammable gel?
1226768464-2zgf4f6.jpg

this basically says it. :cool:

Worst Damage: Cut my thumb with a sharp knife-like tool when trying to shave rubber from a remote control. I was trying to modify the "feel" of the button so that I could differentiate the power button from the dpad buttons.

Worst Pain (testing): Soldering iron burns in my leg.

A year ago when i was soldering, for some reson the solder "exploded" and i got a huge blob a 1/4 inch from my eye.
That hurt.

let's see. I think the worst two are when I stabbed an x-acto knife straight into my thumb, and when I was tired as flux and mistook my soldering iron for a screwdriver and picked it up by the hot iron part itself. I whole palm was burnt and it hurt like Heck the next day at work when I had to wash dishes in piping hot water.

Oh yeah, well, I remember another thread about this on benheck and TMH posted that, and then another guy posted behind it that he was super super tired and thought his soldering iron was his dremel and burnt his hand worse. I was banned at the time, so I couldn't post my story. It's lost it's lulz over the year, but here it goes:

Oh yeah!? Well once I was so tired, like super super super tired, like hadn't slept for 3 days, that I thought my soldering iron was a corndog and ate it.

lulz.

My real worst injury from DYI'ing has nothing to do with electronics. I was making my football equipment better (new facemask,tightening screws, stuff), the dyiing part, when our PE teacher told me to take my stuff off and that he was going to put the bleachers back in. I move all of my stuff, and then as he's putting the bleachers back in I realize a pad has fallen so I quickly try and pull it out from between the bars at the end, but they were going quicker than I expected and my wrist gets caught between the bars and breaks :sweat: (I was 6th grade)

I'm pretty hopped up on energy drinks right now actually.

I was trying to open a Psone screen and I decided to try an X-acto knife. Well I pushed so hard that the knife slipped and slashed my hand. It hurt alot.

Back