Wiikey Fusion autoboot CONFIRMED WORKING! on ALL WKY!!!

Normal NTSC video forcing has never worked correctly for me with PAL titles. I'd love to be proved wrong somehow though. Also, there is no multi disc swap feature built into Swiss for the WKF yet. So thats a sacrifice you'll have to live with for now to have autoboot/Swiss flashed as the bootup iso.

Swiss has definately come a long way though. And Emu is pretty awesome, i know this stuff is on his to do list.

Also, the audiostreaming pins can only be left unhooked for portables/instances where you wont use a dvd drive passthru setup. Otherwise they ARE still needed. Leaving anything else unhooked may work, but is not recommended.

Ah yes ntsc forcing worked because I have it connected via the vga chip. So a 480i and 480p signal results in a perfect picture in colour on a ntsc cube.

I haven't tested it on a regular screen with composite input my bad.... :neutral2:

Agree with Ashen that is is not recommende to leave them unhooked. Audio bus lines will never be used in portables anymore I think.

Doesn't swiss supprt disc switching via sd card swap??

bentomo said:
So just to be clear you can go from the latest swiss official firmware to this image and you'll still have swiss and all it's wonderful features along with autobooting?

(the downgrade on the end is just if you want official firmware with autoboot?)
yes
yes

bentomo said:
Oh and can we leave the pin 29 open or do we need to tie it to GND permanently without the switch?

please consider the following information and continue to install a pin 29 switch:
yes, autoboot can function with pin29 open (no switch), however the switch is still required:
1. depending on setup
2. requiring extended functionality
3. wii dvd drive
4. unknown future discoveries / changes

most likely, all portables will not need the switch...but its easer to install one and not need it, rather than not install one and need it....

For whatever reason when I go to do this I get "Firmware not found, only loader will be written" even though I've got them both in the same directory. I've also tried having them both on the root and no dice. I'm doing it from the WKF instead of the SDgecko(because I don't have one right now) so could that be the issue?

SS

Yeah, just tried the same card in the SD gecko that I just wired up and it worked.

._.

That said, it worked! And I have autoboot now, which makes me very happy. It would be awesome if we could do everything from the WKF though, so people don't have to have the SD gecko, but oh well.

SS

note: the current swiss flasher was just a quick patch from emu_kidid until he has time to address any fixes or adjustments...so for now, all flashing must be done from SDGecko only...

Well you can't really load the firmware from the device your trying to flash. That's like trying to charge a battery off of itself.

why not? official firmware does it from the WKF slot, right??

( currently ) with swiss, you can flash the "menu" only from WKF slot...just cant flash the firmware

menu = fnz
firmware = fzn.fw

I don't know how things work but I figure you just load swiss and all the flashin' junk onto the ram and then it just reads from there while it does whatever.

Either way, this autoboot is sexy, swiss is sexy, emu_kidid and megalomaniac are sexy. Thinkin' about makin' a super sweet concise video tutorial the next time I do this, for the masses of people like me that get confused and can't concentrate for more than 2 minutes.

SS

Used it on my phoenix, excellent success ensued. Agreed SS, autoboot is super happy funtime.

ShockSlayer said:
Thinkin' about makin' a super sweet concise video tutorial the next time I do this, for the masses of people like me that get confused and can't concentrate for more than 2 minutes.

SS

hehe, SS is a 2 minute brotha

Back