Why make 8-bit game on a xbox 360?

aceboy44

I am one of megaman fans but why would capcom release megaman 10 on the xbox 360 rather than SNES or genesis? :(

aceboy44 said:
I am one of megaman fans but why would capcom release megaman 10 on the xbox 360 rather than SNES or genesis? :(

Because some people can't be botherd to remove their nostalgia goggles.

What am I reading here? The 8-bit series is MM's finest. If you don't want to play it on a 360, it's also coming out for PS3 and Wii. epiclite, you need to lend your tag to this aceboy44 guy.

Also because nobody would buy a Genesis or SNES game since both systems have been discontinued for more than 12 years and many people who owned them got rid of them years ago. Carts are also crazy expensive to manufacture compared to releasing it digitally, which most likely costs nothing except for probably some licensing fees and the like.

Jewjo said:
epiclite, you need to lend your tag to this aceboy44 guy.

trollo.png

Last time I priced CD-based production, when I was looking to produce an album, the going rate was $1 per CD. That was about 12 years ago.

Precisely. Cartridges are so, so much more expensive to make.

Anyone else remember when Super Smash Bros 64 launched at $80 USD? :p

Why would they Commercially release a game for console that's 20 years old? Most people aside from the retro gamers and collectors don't even have their old gen systems.

Why if you're being truly nostalgic would you want an 8 bit game released on 16 bit consoles?

If anything I'd love to see it on the Gamegear, loved the first game on it.

Back