What's with the googleads redirect?

XCVG

ModRetro Legend
This is beginning to piss me off. Whenever I click on anything it goes through some googleads page first. Now it's not annoying as it doesn't actually show any page, but now I have to back up two or three times instead of once. Why is it doing this?

Probablly a virus/spyware/whatever that makes you pass that page so they get paid when you see their ads(even if you don't actually see them you still go by the page.)

EDIT: Wait do you mean only on MR or every website?

Zero said:
PalmerTech said:
Definitely not on our end. We do not even have ads at the moment.

Wait. Why? Did google screw us over?

Yes, but I am giving them the benefit of the doubt till I know for sure.
Rule #3 on my Code of Actions: "Never allow your emotions to control your actions."

ARGH I AM ANGRY SO I WILL THROW THIS CONTROLLER AT THE TV!1!!111!!1!11

-Epicelite @ 8 years old.

Maybe related, but there is a "this webpage could not be found" error at the bottom of the page where the banner thingy should be.

Also, this only happens with MR.

XCVG said:
Maybe related, but there is a "this webpage could not be found" error at the bottom of the page where the banner thingy should be.

Also, this only happens with MR.

For me, I just don't see the ads. There's just a white space where they used to be, but I don't get any type of "this webpage could not be found" error.

epicelite said:
I have Ad block plus. :awesome:

:facepalm:

You know that when we do get ads back, things like adblock plus would make us get less money, right?

You know MR also gets money for impressions?

(not as much compared to clicks, but regardless..)

You know that google *Can'tSayThisOnTV*ed us over, right? Read palmer's status on facebook.

Yes, I've known for a while now since Palmer came into the Chat and explained it to all of us yesterday. Not to mention the fact he also said it in this thread. :rolleyes:

epicelite said:
Zero said:
Yea, he said it in the Chat yesterday.

Yes, because we were all around for that chat session.

He only said that we lost the money in the chat, he had mentioned that google banned us in this very thread.

Also, did you delete one of you're posts? Because one of them is gone for some reason.

I suppose I can talk about it a little, since I have not heard back from Google appeals. Basically, we were banned for some reason, but they will not say. It was not the "invalid clicks" letter they send, just a generic one that says you have been banned. If we get our account back, this thread is going ot be dumped, as it draws undue attention to the ads. For now, just know that Google banned us for no reason, or a reason they will not tell us, and in the process stole $300 from us, including all the money that was to be used for paying our hosting costs.

Google, if you are reading this, please, at least tell us why we were banned. If not invalid clicks, then what? :confused:

PalmerTech said:
I suppose I can talk about it a little, since I have not heard back from Google appeals. Basically, we were banned for some reason, but they will not say. It was not the "invalid clicks" letter they send, just a generic one that says you have been banned. If we get our account back, this thread is going ot be dumped, as it draws undue attention to the ads. For now, just know that Google banned us for no reason, or a reason they will not tell us, and in the process stole $300 from us, including all the money that was to be used for paying our hosting costs.

Google, if you are reading this, please, at least tell us why we were banned. If not invalid clicks, then what? :confused:

What assholes! And so what it draws undue attention to the ads? If google is that picky they can shove it up their ass! Guess I'm not the one desperate for hosting money though...

Back