What brightness do you use on your phone?

vskid3

What brightness do you have to use on your smartphone/equivalent for it to be usable, inside and outside?

I usually have my Samsung Fascinate's brightness all the way down, even in a bright room it is still easy to see. Hurray for Super AMOLED. I don't use it outside that much, but I have to go to at least half to be able to see it decently.
My Nook Color is at about 1/3rd and good for indoors, might be able to lower it a bit, but the battery life is great either way (it has a 3.7v 4Ah battery, in case you were wondering).

I used to have it on the default, but I remember setting it slightly lower than that a while back to save battery.

My phone isn't a smartphone. I usually have my brightness level all the way down :p

I just found out that I keep my phone's brightness all of the way down, while all of this time, I thought it was as high as it can go. Dang. All those times I could have changed it to be able to see...

mostly indoors i keep it to a minimum, or 25% if i need to see videos or some photos... outside? never less then 50%....its an LG-p500...a nice machine...but it isnt a ferrari, more like a mclaren.... XD

i leave mine on auto. I have a Captivate, and like viskid says, AMOLED is still pretty bright on low.

Whatever LG set the default to.
emot-effort.gif

I keep it all the way down on all my devices. Longer battery life, and the difference is hardly noticeable unless you turn it all the way up and then back down again.

I ushally buy the cheapest phones possible which typically have poor battery life, so i keep the brightness down all the way at all times to save battery time and stuff

Back