What are your favorite controllers?

Gamecube, N64, and Virtual Boy, Yes, Virtual Boy, I bet next to none of you who "hate" Virtual Boy have never even played it. It happenes to be a very comfortable controller.

Michaelthurston said:
Gamecube, N64, and Virtual Boy, Yes, Virtual Boy, I bet next to none of you who "hate" Virtual Boy have never even played it. It happenes to be a very comfortable controller.

Don't get me wrong. I really like the system. I just don't care for the controller.

i loved my ps2 microcon. it was a wired one. i played it till the buttons stopped responding, and the analogs were like old n64 ones. i really like the ps2 retrocon, as well. it took awhile to get used to, but its awesome now. the microsoft 360 controllers rock, but the analogs go limp faster than other controllers ive used in the past. i would really like the logitech wireless ones (both xbox and ps2; same basic shell) except that the are too small, and oddly cramp my hands. which is odd, since i can use smaller controllers fine.

Yep, virtual boy controller is very nice. I own 2 systems, one new ish in box. Thing is, i didnt know how to get the tripod off the system for storing it, so i broke the plastic clip taking it off DX. Luckily, i have another tripod, but the collector value-GONE!

My fav to start is the new Wii classic controller pro. If no one here tried it yet they should. It is like a better version of snes and dualshock 3. The only thing it needs is rumble support. Next would be Xbox 360 controller. I love it simply love it.

βeta said:
Would be nice for a simple FPS.

Goldeneye 007 uses that control scheme. D-pad = directional movement, analog stick = aiming. Standardly, I think it uses C-buttons for movement instead of the D-pad.

My favorite control scheme has to be the dual-analog setup that uses two controllers, though. Such a badass feature, but I never would have even thought to include it if I were the developer. Rare gets massive brownie points for that.

Back