WASP cable length limit?

trevor403

Okay so we all know the WASP cable length has limits, but the cable that comes for the wii dvd drive is actually a lot longer than the one that comes with modchips, as they are meant to rest on the board of bottom of dvd drive.

So I have this concept for attaching the WASP to the GC that is kinda cool but takes more wire length. So my idea is to solder pin headers to the gamecube DD port, solder headers to the NHD-FFC36-ND, and then use 10cm jumpers to connect them.

Therefore the total length of any one wire would be added up like so, NHD-FFC36-ND board is 35mm of wire, then the jumpers are 100mm, add on the FFC which is about 75mm, and you get 210mm. Consequently my question is, will the gamecube be able to run the modchip from 210mm of cable?

Thanks, Trevor

I think that could depend on your GameCube. I have known some motherboards to accept long wire length and others to accept not much at all. But 21 cm looks like a good 5 cm longer than the general "maximum" length. I suppose the only way to find out is to wire it.

Back