Using a GC C-stick in place of control stick as replacement

Gamerlolwind

hay everyone,
gamer here
i have just fixed myself the issue i had for my gc control stick for my cut controller :)

this issue has been bugging me for days and days without a fix whatsoever :cry:

here goes: i received my cut controller i sent ashen to mod for use in my portable along with my gc and wiikey.

after some time, i tried fitting the controller inside my case (to see if it fits) but the superpad64 control stick was knida huge and took up space for the other components to fit in :(.

knida my flaut on that one, i hadn't seen that it wouldn't fit, never mind.

i then removed the stick and decided to use a spare control stick from another official gc controller(1st party nintendo).

wired it using a analog stick wiring diagram ashen gave me, it didn't work, sadly :( must have been my wiring.

then i used the c-stick of the official gc controller.
it's atteched to it's board etc.

i then found the solder points for the gc C-stick from SS's diagram for using a 3DS numb on the GC:

IMG_0839.png

Credit to SS for the C-stick diagram part :) cause without him and his diagram i wouldn't have been able to fix my control stick and get the C-stick to work as a control stick :)

so, using SS's C-stick diagram i color coded it like so to use for wiring a C-stick to my cut controller in place of control stick:

Pinoutdiagramforgccontrolstickrewiring.jpg

and made my own wiring notes for joining the points of the C-stick to control stick wires (4) that ashen made using his 1st party control chip diagrams for official GC controllers (credit to ashen for that diagram)

Controllerpinoutdiagram.jpg

my own wiring notes for joining the points of the C-stick to my wires:

notesforgccontrolstickrewiring.jpg

as you can see i made (5) different methods with Pin (1) always being +V, and GND/X/Y switched to Pin (2)/(3)/(4) depending on method.

so, using the SanLink program GC testerV0.4 found here:
http://www.gc-forever.com/forums/viewto ... ?f=4&t=427

i tested out my wave bird controller (1st party official gc controller) to get the proper control stick reading which should work for any other 1st party official gc controller:

X: 000 Y:000

using this as a correct point that if the controller reads this, then the stick is fully working :)

my 3 method was: X: -02 Y:-02

not working properly as i tested it via Starfox64/zelda MM and Soul caliber II on my wii :(.

i tired methods 1/4 (not 5) and the didn't work

then, i tried method 2 plugged in controller to wii, loaded sanlink 0.4 and i saw for stick:

X: 000 Y:000

and did i test to be sure this was correct via Starfox64/zelda MM and Soul caliber II on my wii

and it works :) perfectly may i add :mrgreen:

yeah, so that's how to use a gc C-stick as a replacement on a 1st party gc controller if you controlstick isnt' working or such.

just wire your c-stick using the points on (2) method :)

and remember to keep it's board attached or when you plug in your controller it will shut off your gc/wii.

C-stick works great and saves lots of space :)

that's it, enjoy the fix

gamerlolwind

Back