The Official Upcoming Games Discussion - Will they prevail?

Tchay

Frequent Poster
Who doesn't love a good "Upcoming Games" discussion?

First on the list:

Metroid: Other M

I have read the demo reviews, watched the trailers, seen the pics....and I am a little concerned - concerned but not without hope. Metroid has been a game that has stood the test of time without fail (excluding the pinball crap we saw a while back). Even Metroid Hunters had good things to be said.

I love the idea of using this new Metroid game to bring back Super Metroid, the game we all love, BUT my issue is commitment. The game appears to be trying to do too much at once: bring back the retro fans, gather all the japanime lovers, and be new and fun enough to bring in the casual gamers. Sure, its logical to want a large gaming audience, but biting off too much may not be the way to go. Enough rambling! Post your thoughts!!!

Next

Mario Galaxy 2

Okay, first off, I played Mario Galaxy religiously until EVERYTHING that could be beaten, had, or poned had been indeed done. I loved that game, and it brought joy to my child-like 18 year old brain. Now, I have no problem with the "if ain't broke, don't fix it", but a part of me is just hoping that they purposely have left a bunch of "cool" things from the trailer. Sure, we have Yoshi, we have new levels, we have more LSD Mario trips, and more of the likes, but something unexpected needs to happen.

Some of you might recall the underrated, yet amazing, Super Mario 3 for the SNES. This game had "unexpected" written all over it. Secret worlds, teleportation, and a surprisingly lame Bowser fight at the end :rofl:. Okay, enough rambling - what I want? REPLAY VALUE and A REWARD FOR GETTING ALL THOSE FREAKING STARS. And not some stupid "climb on the roof and talk to yoshi" or "do this fun purple coin level that has no purpose whatsoever" kind of crappy reward. I want something cool. Give mario super powers! Or a shotgun! Or heck, just show us a picture of peach in the n--never mind.

I don't think we are quite ready for the new Zelda. If you guys have any suggestions, feel free to shout out an upcoming game - I think I forgot some big titles :dah:

Its funny how people not in positions of power love labeling their threads as 'official'.

Anyways, Other: M is gonna be awesome

Galaxy 2: well, we'll see. Honestly, I thought Galaxy was a bit overrated. I thought the level design was a bit linear compared to Mario 64.

Splinter Cell: Conviction- I can't friggin wait.

metroid: other m will be the best thing ever just because it's metroid.
also, I have the leaked opening video that was pulled from youtube if anyone wants it ;)

βeta said:
DUKE NUKEM FOREV-oh wait.
[url=http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jon_St._John:2gtli99l]Wikipedia[/url] said:
Jon St. John is an American voice actor.
...He realized he could use his voice talents in other areas, and has since provided the voice for numerous video game characters, most notably Duke Nukem.
...He is currently working on voicing for Dudebro: My flax is *Can'tSayThisOnTV*ed Up So I Got To Shoot/Slice You II.

Closest you'll get.

Back