The Official ModRetro Minecraft Server [New-er! Poll Within]

Official ModRetro Minecraft events?

• No, shut your lady mouth

Votes: 2 5.0%
  • Yeah, I would *Can'tSayThisOnTV*ing love that

Votes: 38 95.0%

• Total voters
Re: The Official ModRetro Minecraft Server [New-er! Poll Wit

It's well-ventilated. Normal idle temps are around 65 Celsius (which is low for that computer - it used to be 80 without the extra fan!). It has the vents on the top of the NES, of course. There are also the bottom-side vents. It blows the air out the side.

I'm pinging from my dad's house, so outside the LAN. Pinging dycus.dyndns.org works, and so does pinging the actual IP.
Now that you make that point, it probably is just the router.

So, really, it could be one or more of about 20 problems. I'll just have to see when I get home. :confused:

I hooked up a monitor and mouse and waited for it to crash again. Turns out, it didn't crash at all. My router just decided to ignore the port forwarding rules. A reset seemed to fix it for the time being.

A new problem has come up - the crappy RadioShack thermal compund I applied is, well, crap. It was all I had on hand when I had the laptop apart, and the existing compound was all dried up.

When first applied it idled around 65C - now it's 85. Not good at all. I'm ordering some Arctic Silver 5 very soon.

Expect me to turn the server off tonight or tomorrow. D:

Maybe some day this thing will have a decent amount of uptime!

Mario said:
A new problem has come up - the crappy RadioShack thermal compund I applied is, well, crap. It was all I had on hand when I had the laptop apart, and the existing compound was all dried up.

When first applied it idled around 65C - now it's 85. Not good at all. I'm ordering some Arctic Silver 5 very soon.
I bought Arctic Silver 5 at Radioshack a couple years ago.

Really? I'll see if they have any. All I have from them is their own cheap brand.

Server's running right now! I upgraded it to Ubuntu 10.10 so we should see a lot more stability. I'll be applying the Arctic Silver I got tomorrow, but until then you should be able to go ahead and play.

"Connection refused!"

Maybe ShockSlayer banned me a long time ago for him being buttmadjelly.

Nope, nobody is banned. What's your username again? I'll make sure you're on the whitelist.

Also, server is down for a couple hours while I change the thermal paste.

Swordfyre.

Just to inquire, is the map new, or is it the two year old map from the old MR server? Survival or creative?

Seems you weren't on the whitelist.

It's not the old MR server map, so yeah, I guess it's a "new" map. There is a normal, survival world (that SS likes to build creative in, kinda against my wishes) and an official creative world that anybody can use. There are instructions on the commands in spawn.

Alright, I'll try it out, hopefully nobody's creative-on-survival hooligans will impede the server being awesome :D

Just BTW, those commands wouldn't work for me. I had to walk everywhere, and it was lame.

The netherwork of portals was pretty *Can'tSayThisOnTV*ing great, though.

Still not whitelisted :,(

Oh, herpaderp, I had to reload it. Try again.

Works :D although I'll have to download Optimine if I expect to get a decent FPS in Minecraft while it's raining, haha.

Great!

And ttsgeb - Were there any errors or anything? Perhaps the permissions aren't working correctly...

Also, the server now runs at a cool, cool 55C with the new thermal paste. It is 24/7 and should be a lot more stable now that it's under Linux. There may be some small outages in the next couple of days while I install and test a backup system, but other than that, it should be good to go.

It was permissions.

I fixed permissions so you can use the anchor points, but am having a little trouble letting you create them in the survival world. I'll fix it later.

Also, if somebody (Aux) has a copy of the ModRetro MC map, I can throw it up on the server as another world.

Back