The Necade

Hackerbilly

Hey well i am planning to build a nes arcade machine for my school's science fair that is in 8 weeks. I am most likely going to call it the Necade(Ne-CA-d) and well i sorta started but not much i just got the nes advantage controller and i have taken apart my nes. but that is all i have i done now. I was sorta wondering has any one done anything like this before i have seen a couple of youtube vids but i don't think any of those people have posted anything here about it. But if you have any info that would be nice

What is your plan, more specifically? Are you just going to shove a NES, two Advantages and a TV in a box and call it an arcade machine? Are you going to build custom controllers? I take it you aren't going to use MAME or PC-based emulation of any kind. Is this a bartop, cocktail, or full sized cab?

i am using a actually arcade machine or be trying to anyways
well i am going to see if i can make it look like this or try to find on at my local pawn shop that a whole room in the back chuck full of arcade machines
and i am going to try to use the arcade machine screen not just some big tv and i am going to use the nes advantage just replace the joystick with a pac man one or galaga one
well here is a pic of the pac man machine i am trying to get
pmurfr_200.gif

Here is what i want it to look like
pmurfr_200-1.gif

and i am going to be using the original nes and i will be wiring it to the 19in screen from this website
http://www.pac-man.com/pacman/upright/front/
and the joystick,buttons and the coin blocks and maybe a couple other things.
srry i messed up the pic a bit tired
well is that enough info or not but i won't start like really start working on this till next weekend i have bench mark this week and all my stuff is at my dad's house but i hope this is enough info for now
oh and it is going to be full size

Well, you can find them (in REALLY bad shape) for free sometimes on Craigslist. Depends on the quality as to how much. You can get one in pretttttty rough condition for around 50-100. Just the cabinet, 'course.

Or you could make your own for pr'olly around ~100. Depends on how much quality you want.

well i want it to look nice and i think i might just make my own cabinet because the store i knew had them was selling them for like $400 dollars each but at least my dad is a tile guy / handy man

won't be able to work on this this weekend because 1 it is pouring rain outside and two i can't go to my dad's house because he is very sick has a fever and strept throat and at my mom's house i have like no tools at all only thing i have is 3 hammers but no nails 8 diffrent screw drivers 1 drill with no charger my soldering iron and hot glue gun and 1 axe but that is it i don't even have a saw at my mother's house but at my dad's he has more tools then i can name (and plus more experience with cutting and sawing) but i will try to get some of the electric work done while i am here

Back