The Distinguished Gameboys

Ampersand

Lightbulbs are awesome!
Okay, name sucks. But here's the deal. I've wanted to get started on Gameboy modding and whatnot forever, and just never bothered. I'm a little worried and a little broke, so I'm not doing any frontlighting yet, but I'm starting stenciling with this series of stencils that will be disinguished Pokemon on Gameboy Colors.

The first:
3uuJj.png

ikFDH.png

Yes, the underspray is a bit ugly, and to top it off I put on the clearcoat too soon and it managed to blur the underspray a bit, but it looks good in person. The clearcoat makes the Gameboy's original color seem truer and deeper.

Next will be a tea-drinking top-hat bearing Bulbasaur on a Lime Gameboy Color, and another Gentlemanchu on a Dandelion Gameboy Color with an extra layer for the red cheeks.

I will also be putting up all the stencils I make around my town. I will try to get pics of that, as well.

<3,
-Amp

Re: The Distinguished Pokemon Project

I'd also like to note that any blemishes you see are not my fault (other than the blur). The previous owner was abusive :( Oddly enough, the battery door clip isn't broken off... but there's three dents in it and it's warped from their dog chewing on it :confused:

Edit:
Oh and also, apparently the sound is gank. On full volume it's almost too quiet to hear.

Wait, why are there so few responses, this is EPIC. It may not be the best paint job ever, but it's still pretty Dang cool. I can't wait to see more of this theme.

Yaaay thank you guys! :awesomesand: EDIT: Why doesn't my smilie work on the forums? :(

I will be getting a blue MGB and a gray DMG here shortly, and I'm trying to decide what pokemon to do. On the grayboy I want to do a 3 layer stencil or either Missigno (black?/purple/tan) or Aron (black/white/blue). I will make this one badass, as this will be my main LSDJ gameboy.

The blue MGB I will most likely do Squirtle, for lulz. I already made an awesome Squirtle stencil (although it's way too big for a gameboy).

Open to suggestions for next paint jobs!

Also, this one is for sale if anyone wants it, heh. Check my FS thread.

Oh yeah there's a lot of Missigno that are glitch graphics. I meant the standard one, looks like a backwards L.

Back