The Alabaster

pescadl

Hey y'all. I've been lurking in the forums for a few months since starting my GameCube portable, but it's about time I've started a worklog. So far I've made progress on the case. I'm calling it The Alabaster because I'm planning on painting it white and I wanted a cool-ish name. Here are some pics taken with a not-so-great phone camera.

Front:
20141013_202553.jpg

Back:
20141013_202809.jpg

Top:
20141013_202829.jpg

As I've had to make a lot of revisions to the case (space issues), I've realized that it looks a lot like bungle's gcp :neutral2: . Oh well, I guess I'll add some things later to set it apart.

All I'm really doing right now is waiting for my fan. I need it so I can find out how position the heatsink, mobo, sd slots, and memory card slot. I guess I better start doing my homework and college apps :awesome: .

So I just finished this today:
20141023_134515.jpg

It took me a whole bunch of tries, but I think I did it right this time. I'm going to wire it up the the mobo later and see if it works.

I was just wondering what you fused to the back of the wii u case to give you that extra space, I have been looking for something that will look natural.

redleader97 said:
I was just wondering what you fused to the back of the wii u case to give you that extra space, I have been looking for something that will look natural.

Not entirely sure, but I think he used an AG case from polycase.com. I would assume it is the AG-85

drivin around in your kitty, shakin j's down for bills; not a bad operation you got goin on for a small town playa

If that is an AG-85 you used that's awesome! I never thought of doing that to the Wii U pad I have sitting here, but can see how that would give plenty of extra space and still look very organic to the overall look of the case.

Looks good so far!

That is some nice casework you got going on there. I have always wondered, how much trimming needs to be done to the gamecube mobo to get it into a WiiU gamepad case?

Im curious about your shoulder buttons. Did you frankencase first party shoulder bezels into that? If so... how? I want to do that.
Is it diagonal or sticking straight out?

Will you use full analog sliders or some modification like dual tact?
If analog sliders, are you sure that all can fit?

Back