Sounds getting worse and worse

kill00man

Hey everybody !
just started to cut my board (couldn't wait more :D )... and guess what, I've sound (using tchay's wiring technique), but I have kind of a very strange issue.
When I start the GC, the sound is okay, and, little by little, it's becomming crappy ! In the end, you just can't listen to a music...
Does anybody ever encountered this ?

kill00man said:
Hey everybody !
just started to cut my board (couldn't wait more :D )... and guess what, I've sound (using tchay's wiring technique), but I have kind of a very strange issue.
When I start the GC, the sound is okay, and, little by little, it's becomming crappy ! In the end, you just can't listen to a music...
Does anybody ever encountered this ?

I have never encounted that, but if you want more help, try being more specific. If you take a pic of your board and wiring, people could help you more.

Quite hard to describe, I'll put a picture soon with beter explanations, but I ve another problem, where most of you are relocating the 3.3V line? I think I've killed my mobo :cry4:

Well I'm back, couldn't test the gamecube now because of some little troubles when trimming, I think my sound problem was the same has the one you talked about in this thread : http://forums.benheck.com/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=40214
Tchay : Now, if you cut too close to the sound chip (located in the lower right of the first picture), then the sound gets staticy and won't handle bass very well. And if you REALLY cut too close, the entire gamecube will stop working (that or the chip no longer performs its proper function and you lose sound entirely).

Here's a little picture of the mobo when I last tried the sound (missing the sound relocation, the same as Tchay figured out) :

Does anybody found how to fix it? Regarding to zenloc's cut, they may be a solution no ? Or slimmed mobo = bad sound ?

Back