So I got this LCD Screen...

So A while ago I decided to make an atari flashback portable... and eventually gave up on the project...But I still had the disassembled LCD car backup screen disassembled from before... Feeling like making a portable console out of an old famiclone I had laying around I decided to use it to make my first portable console... Now when I decided to test the screen, I check for the voltage and it required 12 volts, so I grabbed a 12 volt power cord and plugged it in, I plugged the famiclone into the screen and the screen did not turn on... It has 3 buttons on the back with no clear indicator of what exactly they do so I would repeatedly press all 3 in different lengths and different times and nothing would happen... Any help, do I have a defective screen or...

those 3 buttons are most likely your menu screen controls. middle button brings up the menu so you can adjust the brightness, contrast, etc.

did you ever test the screen before when you first received it to see if it worked?

naimlessone said:
those 3 buttons are most likely your menu screen controls. middle button brings up the menu so you can adjust the brightness, contrast, etc.

did you ever test the screen before when you first received it to see if it worked?
Yes, I did test it... The ribbon wire to the screen looks fine and so does the rest of the screen components, So I have no clue about what to do to go and turn it on, there is no indicator light, so I have no clue what is particularly wrong with it...

Are you sure the polarity is correct? I would also check that the famiclone is working and/or test it with a different system. Some LCDs only come on when they have an input.

Back