ShockSlayer, Ashen, Zenl0c (or anyone). I Need Help!!!

zeldaxpro

Hey guys I really need help with this whole SD Gecko Memory Card Adapter Thing. This is what I am talking about:

gamecubeadapteex.jpg

(Belongs to Ashen, All Credit goes to him)

Or

ssfmemcard.jpg

shockslayermemcard.jpg

xgcssmem.jpg

(Belongs to ShockSlayer, All Credit goes to him)

That is what I am talking about. I do not mind doing it ShockSlayer's Method or The way Ashen Did it. The bottom line is I Don't Know How. I have a Nintendo 251 block memory card shown:

officialmem251b.jpg

officialmem251.jpg

As you can see I did some diagrams on the second picture showing what the pins are and Slot B of the Gamecube Motherboard. I also did a Diagram on the Micro to SD Adapter that was used with ShockSlayer's method:

sdgekcopinout.jpg

Now do I just match up the pins from the SD Card Adapter to the Memory Card pins? Do I have to bridge anything or do anything special? Now The other part is wiring up an sd card socket to the GameCube Slot B so I can use the adapter the right way (I want to just copy/transfer saves from my internalized Slot A to External memory card slot B).

sdslottogcmobo.jpg

Any SD Card Socket in general (I just showed the Wiikey one). I would really appreciate it if someone can clear all this up for me. I cannot continue my GCP until I figure this out because I want this to be a feature of it. If any of my diagrams are wrong please mention that as well and correct me. Thanks for reading.

Ok Thanks Ashen. The more that I look at it, the more it makes sense now. I understand what you mean. Whatever signals from the sd card match the socket, then you solder those to the gc mobo. Made a Diagram:

sdslottogcmobo-Copy.jpg

Thanks Ashen I will probably try that out this weekend or so. If the diagram is wrong feel free to correct it but I am pretty sure that is what you mean. Thanks again.

Back