Scaling SFC to UK HD TV.

Hello everyone it's my recently purchased a super Famicom and hooking it up to my HDTV in good ol' England!

I get a picture out from the AV cables it looks okay a bit blocking a bit blurry, solutions to help scale I'm not looking to break the bank and I'm not too fast it's not crystal clear quality so my question is are there any events that would work going from the AV out to hook it up to my TV with a reasonable quality bump?1000056798.jpg

You can see from the picture of attached it does look a little bit soft do I get a scaler that goes out to HDMI or I guess scales AV to AV, or heck do I settle for a cables to RGB scart and see how that fares?

Any help much appreciated as I'm lost in the sea of solder mods Vs scalers and cables!

- Dave

Almost any external scaling device you buy is going to be very close in quality to the upscaling your tv already does.
The difference in resolution between a modern TV and the output from the SNES is dramatic, and you're going to get artifacts of some sort. Back when this hardware was new, a "big screen" TV was smaller than most modern computer monitors.

If you don't want to solder anything and don't want to spend a ton of money, the RGB SCART cable will likely give you the best compromise.

Almost any external scaling device you buy is going to be very close in quality to the upscaling your tv already does.
The difference in resolution between a modern TV and the output from the SNES is dramatic, and you're going to get artifacts of some sort. Back when this hardware was new, a "big screen" TV was smaller than most modern computer monitors.

If you don't want to solder anything and don't want to spend a ton of money, the RGB SCART cable will likely give you the best compromise.
Oh I'm good with soldering if needed just looking for a good medium without spending £££ on something that may be naff!

Back