ReverseTraverse64 (SUPER AWESOME VIDEO ON PAGE 4!!!!)

Re: ReverseTraverse64 (Now With Pix, page 2)

TB, find some IDE. It really is amazing. Pull apart any old computer, it's in there. Tons.

Kk, so as Beta requested, I have taken out all the crap circled, what is left is the screen, daughter board, and the Plug.

Pix tomorrow, as its late.

Alright, so I hooked up the screen to the batteries and tried to test the AV by soldering it the way I think it would work (probably not the right way) And no dice, but the screen still works.

Hahaha, if I updated more often, that would by the status MOST of the time.

Ya well, cant get the AV off a Tester SNES, so imma just wait for Nobbles N64.

UPDATE: installed the new AV jack, and it powers the screen well. Interesting fact, if you switch from AV to batteries or vice Versa, it continues to play, I like that.

Try not to leave so much exposed wire around the soldered points. They're a short waiting to happen.

Ya, noticed this when i wired the screen up, almost fried it :p

electrical tape can be as good as smaller wires right?

Update, found a great 3rd Party controller, SuperPad Color, and now im trying to get it opened.

Trouble is, I dont have the screw driver, so I tried dremeling it opened. Long story short, board still works and junk, cept that My dremel tried to kill me, Twice.

I can't stand the original backlight on the PSOne/Zenith screen. It makes a really high pitch noise and it hurts a lot when you short it out on your fingers :cry4:

Metalcookie said:
I can't stand the original backlight on the PSOne/Zenith screen. It makes a really high pitch noise and it hurts a lot when you short it out on your fingers :cry4:
You don't like the inverter, not the backlight. :dah:

Ya, I dont like the Inverter AT ALLLLLLLL!!!!!!!!!!!!! Its gay, if I try and move the Screen into a Veritical Position, then it keeps the screen fine, but makes a "WHHHHHHHHHHHHEEEEEEEEEEENNNNNNNNNN" Sound.

Also, is it normal that the PS1 screen is so Finicky? Like responds to everyting :wtf: :wtf:

edit: only makes audio squeek if i don't turn the speakers with the screen

Doesn't it just feel amazing the first time you wire everything up and it works?

I know it does for me.

- :awesomethursty:

Ya, everything came fine, cept I thought I asked if it had controller ports on it, and you said yes.

Anyway, thats irrelevant, I have 2 problems now.

1- Hacking the buttons for the controller

I can either connect tacts to the places on the controller, but there is no pinout for my controller, and a bunch of black stuff on top of the chip :(, ToastBucket, how did you relocate your buttons?
Or fine where I can chop and solder the controller board.

2- Hacking the utility port on the controller

I really think theres 3 ways to do this:

Have it not in there.

Have it sticking out the back.

Relocate it to somewhere on the extremity of my portable, and make it fully functional.

Back