Random parts I have...

Jourdy288

Let's see here, bits of broken headphones (I have the speaker of one...) I have an opened up MPEG-4 Encoder, I might have messed up the wiring a little, LOL, I also have a taken-apart floppy drive, but I can't find a motor anywhere. Oh, and I have a computer fan, and that board from an older telephone that you use to dial in numbers, and a keyboard that would sometimes work, but I would have to hold the wire in a specific position at its base.

I do wonder what can be made from these.

Almost forgot, I have an 2 Acer laptops that don't work, it's almost like they're blank. I flip it on, and get nothing. The fans spin, but I don't get BIOS, no startup of any kind, although I'm pretty sure the screens work.

The screens are completely useless, for all intents and purposes. How old are they?

I wouldn't mind giving a shot at fixing one of those Acer laptops, how much would you want for one?

You're actually interested? Cool! We paid $1000 dollars each, but considering their current state, maybe $100?
I was actually thinking of using one to make a PSP of sorts ;-) It already comes with a slot for the disk drive, screen, and room for components. Maybe I could even use a PS2 (maybe).
Still, if you would like to buy one and try a repair, I'll definitely keep that in mind!

Anyhow, so would you still like one of the laptops? I must warn you, I'll be keeping the HDD, you can have everything else, how much would you like?

Well, that complicates things, not having the HDD. Not excited about spending the cash on a new hard drive on a machine that may or may not be fixable - what's the model number, and I'll see if I can find a used one somewhere first.

sounds like you have bad ram chips. I had an acer laptop that did that. I put the ram out of my other in it and it worked like a charm. I would give you $35 for one without hard drive depending on the model number.

robm said:
Well, that complicates things, not having the HDD. Not excited about spending the cash on a new hard drive on a machine that may or may not be fixable - what's the model number, and I'll see if I can find a used one somewhere first.
I will ASApP(As Soon As portable Possible.

Back