Questions about portable n64!

supersonic_32

Hey guys! I just started the project of doing a portable n64, but I've got a few questions:

I followed bacteria's guide and found this awesome diagram:

viewtopic.php?f=33&t=1236

1.What about charging batteries? Does it work with the original psone charger of the screen? Where do you solder the charging jack?

2.If I use two canon BP batteries like Bacteria did, How do I solder them together? In serie?

3.On the diagram, when there is a cable being splitted in two (negative and positive from battery for exemple), how do I two that for real, do I just have to solder two wires one the same one?

4. Last one, what about the power button? Do i have to solder it at the place of the original one? Or somewhere on this diagram?

Thanks to all!

supersonic_32 said:
Hey guys! I just started the project of doing a portable n64, but I've got a few questions:

I followed crackteria's guide and found this awesome diagram:

viewtopic.php?f=33&t=1236

1.What about charging batteries? Does it work with the original psone charger of the screen? Where do you solder the charging jack?
The batteries have their own smart charger that shuts off when they're full. The Cannon BP's have their own proprietary one, but people have soldered cables to them to internalize the packs. See Life of Brian for an example.

2.If I use two canon BP batteries like Bacteria did, How do I solder them together? In series?
I believe these batteries are 7.2v, so parallel.

3.On the diagram, when there is a cable being splitted in two (negative and positive from battery for example), how do I two that for real, do I just have to solder two wires one the same one?
Just solder two wires onto one contact, yes. Or find an alternate point. Ground is everywhere, for example.

4. Last one, what about the power button? Do i have to solder it at the place of the original one? Or somewhere on this diagram?
Use a mini slide or rocker switch. Use it to connect and disconnect the positive line on the battery, and wire the N64's power switch "always on."

Thanks to all!
Welcome.

Back