PsVita nubs

S5114

I had the opportunity of playing around with a display model..... that had no power :wtf: .... so I just checked out the hardware. I played around with the analog nubbins and they were odd. They moved around like regular sticks, but they didn't feel as good as the 3ds nubs. Discuss your opinions on them if you've played with them.

I've got no issue with mine. I've got Rayman Origins and that god awful Little Deviants. The sticks are quite good, I like 'em better than the slider pad the PSP had.
My Complaints-
-the game card is a little had to eject/insert. Goes in quite far, so I had to use my thumbnail to fully insert it
-the darn memory cards are the same as M2, minus a notch on the side. I died a little when I saw the prices for the cards.
-it's a fingerprint magnet. seriously.
-the back touch panel is useless and hard to use.
-it's really light (I like hefty devices) and the trim is cheap plastic, not metal like the PSP.
-the L/R triggers still wobble like the PSP ones, but they press much better
-you now need to install games (but NBD, takes less than a minute)
-you must log in/create an account before using the Vita (first time only). No work around.

And the good points
-your hand won't cramp up instantly
-the buttons are very clicky, and easy to press despite being albeit small.
-the UI is nice, easy to use, and the music is funky.
-wonderful graphics, very low lag (if any)
-battery lasts a good day of gaming (on and off for me, but a good 5 hours, no wifi)
-I've heard complaints about the screen being hard to see in the sunlight. I've had no issues so far (but it isn't sunny here)
-if/when this gets hacked, it'll be an extremely capable device, with lots of potential.

neutral points
-analog sticks are good for platformers, but hard to use for precise aiming (in FPSs)
-the lock screen doesn't always unlock with a simple slide of the thumb (same deal with closing down apps)
-games can be fairly large, so downloading them will require a big mem card
-it may get scratched really easily, plastic seems susceptible to damage (if mishandled)
-it's going to rack up a larger bill than you think. Seemed a little pricy for a portable.
-resuming from sleep takes a second
-jaggies on the app bubbles (this is purely me being a stringent *person* about jaggies)
-web browser is a tad slow

Oh and the case you can buy? Smells like DANDELIONS. Weirdest thing, but if you buy one, you will know exactly what I mean.

There. I wasn't paid to say any of this. Of course this is MY experience, so don't base your investment off what I say. The analog sticks may not be your thing if you like a lot of rotational freedom. However, it is a big step up (in size too) from the PSP.

Back